We’re excited that you’re returning to the CCV community. Whether you’ve been away for one semester or ten years, we want to help you finish what you started. Use the information on this page to reacquaint yourself with CCV’s programs, financial aid, academic support services, and other helpful resources.

Find Your Program

CCV’s programs are more relevant than ever. Designed with input from employers, our programs will prepare you for the workforce or further study.

Fit College Into Your Life

We know that your life is busy, and we want to make going to school as simple and flexible as possible. At CCV, you can take classes when and where it’s convenient for you.

Learn at Your Own Pace

Among our most flexible options are Flex classes. These are online classes with flexible assignment submission, allowing you to work through material on your own schedule.

Get Credit for What You Know

You might be able to earn college credit for knowledge you’ve gained at work, in the military, or through community service or self study. CCV’s Prior Learning Assessment program offers several ways to demonstrate prior knowledge, allowing you to save time and money.

Affording Your Education

CCV offers the lowest cost per credit of any college in Vermont, and we’re here to help you apply for and receive money to pay for college. Financial aid counselors at all 12 of our academic centers provide one-on-one support.

On top of our low cost, CCV and the Vermont State Colleges (VSC) are offering millions of dollars in scholarships, free tuition, and other financial aid opportunities for Vermont students during the 2022-2023 academic year.

Earn a Tuition-Free Degree

The 802 Opportunity Grant provides tuition- and fee-FREE college to any student in a degree program whose family income is $75,000 or less and does not already have a bachelor’s degree. Students will be required to complete a FAFSA and Vermont Grant Application through VSAC. New AND current students are eligible.

We’re Here to Support You

At CCV, we’re here to help you succeed. From personalized academic advising to comprehensive career services, we offer specialized resources to help you stay on track and reach your goals.

Returning Student FAQs

I haven’t been to school in so long. Will I be the oldest person in my classes?
It’s unlikely. The average age of students at CCV is 28. That means you’ll be in classes with students of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels—in fact, many students say this is one of the best parts of their CCV education. 

I’ve struggled academically in the past. Will bad grades come back to haunt me?
Not to worry. Our Academic Forgiveness Policy helps you reduce the impact of less-than-stellar academic performance. Not to mention, your old grades don’t transfer (only credits do). So, if you attended a college outside the Vermont State Colleges System, you get a fresh start!

I’ve been in the workforce for many years. Is there a way for me to earn credit for that knowledge?   
CCV recognizes that learning can happen in many different settings, so we award credit for prior learning through our Prior Learning Assessment Office. With multiple options and nearly 50 years of experience, we can help you save time and money on your path to a degree.  We recommend Prior Learning Assessment to students with 3-5 or more years of professional experience.

These are the PLA Steps: 
1. Fill out the (free!) CCV application.
2. Sign up to attend a PLA Informational Webinar.
3. Connect with a CCV Academic Advisor at your local CCV Academic Center or the Center for Online Learning

I started college a long time ago. Will I need to start over? 
The good news is that most college credits do not expire! So, unless it’s a computer course or something in the field of health science, your credits should still transfer and satisfy current requirements. Visit our Transfer Student page to learn more about how to submit official transcripts to CCV.

I have a degree in a different field. Do I need another 60 credits for an associate degree? 
If you completed an associate of arts or science degree or higher, your General Education courses should satisfy requirements in a new program, leaving you just the core program requirements to complete. At least 15 credits in the major must be in new CCV courses. Learn more in our Degree Completion Policy.

I’m interested in earning a credential. Where do I start?
At CCV, we offer credentialing and training opportunities at our locations around the state and online. Check out our Credentials & Training page to explore our offerings.

As an adult, does that mean I need to pay out of pocket for all expenses? 
No! There are great funding options available through scholarships, grants, and loans to ALL students, not just 18-year-olds. Visit our New Scholarship Opportunities page to discover current funding sources, and fill out a short form to see what scholarships you may be eligible for.

I think I have an outstanding balance at CCV. Can I still register for classes?
An outstanding bill at CCV or any of the Vermont State Colleges may prevent you from enrolling in classes. Contact the CCV Student Accounts office at (802) 262-6558 to review your account and get help. An outstanding bill at another college or university may result in you being unable to receive an official transcript for evaluation.

Where do I start with financial aid? What if I don’t want to enroll in a degree or certificate program?
If you plan to pursue a degree or certificate program, you should start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are a Vermont resident, you should also complete the Vermont Grant Application through Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC). Visit our Financial Aid page to start the application process.

If you do not wish to enroll in a degree or certificate program, the Advancement Grant through VSAC can provide money to help students pay for short-term training classes. A FAFSA is NOT needed, but you will be asked to provide VSAC with your financial information after completing the grant application.

I need help with completing my financial aid forms like the FAFSA. Is there someone I can talk with?
Yes! CCV’s financial aid counselors are here to help you throughout the process – from application to graduation. VSAC’s Education Opportunity Center (EOC) also partners with CCV to support adult learners in accessing college and career training services.

Your Next Steps

New to CCV? Fill out our application for admission. It’s free and takes about 10 minutes to complete. After an initial review of your application, we will email you with specific next steps.

If you’ve been away from CCV for fewer than four semesters, you do not need to re-apply. Instead, contact your local CCV center for assistance with class registration. 

If you’ve been away from CCV for more than four semesters, you will need to re-apply to CCV. The best way to do this is to follow the re-apply link and click Create an Account under New Users. If the system recognizes your name, email, and birthday, it will prompt you to reset your password.

Ready to get started?

Apply today or contact us with any questions.