Welcome to the Current Students page, where you can easily find information about activating your accounts, planning your courses, managing finances, and accessing the tools you need to succeed. CCV is a big place, and ccv.edu is no exception. That’s why we compiled this handy resource for students. Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Download our Student Handbook or use our chat function to submit any additional questions.
New VSCS Portal
The VSCS has adopted a new Portal as of 1/11/2022. The Portal is your one stop shop for information and resources. Once logged in, you will find resources to help plan your degree, check the status of your financial aid and help you plan for long-term and short-term educational goals.
The Portal can be found on the web at portal.ccv.edu and the VSC Portal app is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Access and Activation
- Visit portal.ccv.edu
- Select the “Student/Faculty/Staff” profile
- Log in using your Portal username and password
- Use Duo for multi-factor authentication
- Select CCV as your VSCS institution
To activate your account you will need to provide your:
- First Name – Use your chosen name if you provided one
- Last Name
- Birth Date
- College ID – Your seven-digit ID number
You will go through a final authorization process using a PIN before your account is activated. You will be able to set your password after the PIN confirmation.
Duo Multi-Factor Authentication
Duo Security is a multi-factor authentication service that all CCV students are required to use when logging in to VSCS services such as Canvas, Portal, Self-Service, and more.
- Authentication methods: Duo offers several methods of multi-factor authentication. The Duo Mobile application is the easiest way to authenticate. If you do not have a smartphone, you can enroll a regular cell phone (SMS and calls) or landline (calls) for two-factor authentication. If none of the previous methods work for you, hardware tokens are available on request. Information about requesting a hardware token can be found on our FAQ page.
- Logging in: When logging in, you will still enter your username and password. After inputting your login information, Duo requires you to complete a method of second-factor authentication. Duo can remember your browser for 12 hours before receiving another prompt for two-factor authentication.
Visit CCV IT Support for more information.
Find Your College ID Number
Your College ID is a seven-digit number like 1234567. You can find it in the following places:
- Paperwork from your CCV advisor
- On your Self Service profile page, in the upper left corner. This page can be accessed by visiting selfservice.vsc.edu or through the “Colleague Self-Service” tile on CCV’s Portal.
- CCV Photo ID card — leading zeros may be absent on some ID cards
If you need to retrieve your college ID:
- Call your CCV Academic Center
- Call the CCV HelpDesk at (802) 828-2810 — CCV HelpDesk hours
- Submit a ServiceDesk ticket
Your official CCV email address is where the College will be sending email correspondence to you. Your instructors will also be using your CCV account to communicate with you. Your CCV email provides you with a safe, secure and easy way to communicate and you also get access to discounts on many websites that are exclusive to students with a .edu email address. You will need to activate your student account before accessing your CCV email.
- Visit mail.o365.vsc.edu or ccv.edu/mail. You can also access webmail using the Access Webmail link found in the footer of every ccv.edu page or through the “Email/Calendar” tile on CCV’s Portal.
- Log in using your Portal username and password.
- Use Duo for multi-factor authentication.
- You will now be logged into your Office365 account. You may be presented with the home screen or your Outlook mail account.
To Forward Your Email:
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Enter Forwarding in the search field.
- Choose Enable forwarding and enter the email address you would like your email forwarded to. You may also elect to save a copy of the email in your Outlook mailbox.
- Click Save before closing the window.
Access Your Canvas Classroom
To access your Canvas classroom, visit ccv.edu/canvas. You will need your CCV username and password to log in. For further instructions on how to navigate and use Canvas, visit our IT support page or the Canvas Student Guide.
Add Someone to Your FERPA Permissions
To add someone to your FERPA Permissions, therefore granting them access to receive information from your educational record including your financial account, academic performance, course enrollment, and financial aid:
- Log in to the Portal.
- Click on the “Registration” tile.
- Click on the “Add Someone to Your FERPA Permissions” link.
- Click on Student Academic Profile.
- Click on FERPA Authorization Form.
- Add a person by typing their first and last name and selecting their relationship to you. Then click “Grant Access.” Create an access code to share with the person you added; they may need to provide this access code if they contact CCV on your behalf.
This is a secure self-service provided by the National Student Clearinghouse that allows you to:
- View current or full enrollment history.
- Print an enrollment verification certificate to send to loan providers, health insurers, or other organizations that require proof of your enrollment at CCV.
- Check notifications that were requested by your loan lenders.
- Obtain a list of your loan lenders.
To view or obtain an enrollment certificate, click here. You will be taken to the National Student Clearinghouse website. Please contact the registrar’s office if you have difficulty obtaining your enrollment information.
Student Program and Course Planning
Contact Your Advisor
You can contact your advisor by clicking on the “Advising” tile in CCV’s Portal and following the “Contact your Advisor” link.
Schedule an Appointment
You can now schedule your own appointments with your advisor and financial aid counselor. Meetings can be held virtually, over the phone, or in-person. Virtual meetings will be held in Teams, and if scheduling a phone meeting, the CCV staff member will call you at your meeting time. Schedule an appointment today by visiting ccv.edu/appointment.
Register for Classes
There are many ways to register for a class at CCV. New students are encouraged to talk with an academic advisor to register. Our advisors are here to answer your questions and are eager to discuss how CCV can help you reach your goals. Contact your nearest CCV center to schedule an appointment. Returning students can register using supported web registration, direct web registration, or by appointment. Learn more about the ways to register on our register page.
Supported web registration:
- Browse our web schedule and select your courses. Students can also use CCV’s Course Sections Search tool to find classes using keywords or instructor name.
- Request your courses using this online form (login required).
- A CCV advisor will review your requests and will contact you in 1-2 business days with next steps.
Direct web registration:
Returning students can use the “Registration” tile on the CCV Portal and follow the “Register for Classes” link. Follow the directions on our Web Registration Guide to get started.
View Your Class Schedule & Grades
- Log in to the Portal
- Click on the “Advising” tile
- Click on the “Current Schedule” link
- Navigate to different semesters using the arrows.
View Your Grades
- Log in to the Portal
- Click on the “Registration” tile
- Click on the “View Grades” link
View Your Program/Degree Requirements
- Log in to the Portal
- Click on the “Advising” tile
- Click on the “Review Progress towards your Degree” link
To view a different major (for example, you are a Human Services major but wonder how your courses would translate into the Criminal Justice major), use the drop down menus to see an alternative program. You can also look at degree requirements at other VSC schools.
Change Your Program
- Go to ccv.edu/programchange to request a change of your academic program.
The unofficial transcript is good for many purposes, including high school credit or employer needs. However, if you are applying to another college, the college will want an official transcript.
To send your official CCV transcript to an employer, another educational institution, or any other third party you can place your request electronically through Parchment, where you will need to create an account separate from your CCV Portal account.
This secure website offers transcripts that can be electronically delivered to an in-network college or university, emailed to an individual (they receive a one-time download code within an email) or sent using various shipping methods, including overnight. The minimum processing fee is $6.50 per transcript. Other charges apply according to the chosen method of delivery.
Please be aware that all financial or library obligations with CCV as well as any of the VSC colleges must be met before we can release your transcript.
To print your unofficial CCV transcript:
- Log in to the Portal.
- Click on the “Registration” tile and follow the “Unofficial Transcript” link
- Select VUG CCV Undergraduate Transcript.
If you are unable to log in to the Portal, you can request an unofficial transcript by contacting the registrar’s office.
Intent to Graduate Form
To access and submit the intent to graduate form:
- Log in to Self Service Graduation Overview.
- Click Apply.
- Follow steps and submit.
- Contact your academic advisor with any questions you have about your application.
View Your Bill/Make a Payment
You can view your bill, make a payment, or set up a payment plan using Student Finance Self Service. Log in using your CCV Portal username and password. “Account Summary” will allow you to view your bill, while “Account Activity” will allow you to view your financial activity and provide you with a link to “Make a Payment/Add Authorized User/Set Up Payment Plan.” Not seeing what you need? Review our Student Finance Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
CCV Financial Aid
CCV offers a quality education at the lowest cost of any college in Vermont, and our financial aid counselors are here to help you apply for and receive financial aid. Visit our financial aid page for instructions and contact information. Want to talk with a counselor about what aid you could receive? Contact your local financial aid counselor! Students can visit Financial Aid Self Service to manage and view their financial aid package. Log in using your CCV Portal username and password.
Students are responsible for ordering books and materials and for bringing them to class. CCV partners with a textbook vendor, eCampus, to provide both physical and digital textbooks. If the cost of textbooks poses a challenge for you, please contact your advisor, financial aid counselor, or local CCV center to explore funding options.
Install Microsoft Office for Free
Everyone going to school or working for the Vermont State Colleges can download the full Microsoft Office client suite for free on their Windows or Mac computer. The Microsoft Office suite can be installed and activated on up to five computers at once.
- Log into your CCV email at ccv.edu/mail
- Click on the app launcher in the upper left corner and choose Office 365
- Click Install Office and follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the Microsoft Office software compatible with your computer.
Purchase Hardware or Software
CCV students are eligible for discounted rates on popular software programs. Visit our Software Store to see what’s available for purchase. Most computer companies offer discounts to college students using their college email address.
Order a Student ID Card
A student ID card can be purchased for $25. Visit the Student ID page to order a card.
TalkCampus is a mental health support network for students. This service has been built specifically for students and provides free peer support 24/7. TalkCampus is a safe place for students to connect and talk through their challenges. CCV students can log in and talk anonymously to other students around the world. Visit students.talkcampus.io/ccv to start receiving support today.