Register for Classes
Before you register you must:
- Complete CCV’s application process (for new students only).
- Activate your account in CCV’s Portal by going to https://portal.ccv.edu and clicking on the link for New Users. Note: Newly admitted students will be able to use the portal web registration within several days of completing the admissions process.
- Consult with your advisor about your class choices. Students new to online courses can visit our Center for Online Learning page for more information. CCV also offers Canvas Basics for Students, an online learning orientation.
Register by Phone or Zoom
- Call your local CCV academic center to schedule an appointment.
- Register for classes with the help of a CCV staff member.
- Payment options include cash, check, credit card, employer or agency voucher, payment plan, or financial aid approval by a CCV financial aid counselor.
Supported Web Registration
- Browse our web schedule and select your courses. Students can also use CCV’s Course Sections Search tool to find classes using keywords or instructor name.
- Request your courses using this online form (login required).
- A CCV staff member will review your requests and will contact you in 1-2 business days with next steps.
- This service is for returning students and accepted applicants only. You must have recently been accepted for admission or enrolled at CCV in one of the last four semesters.
Direct Web Registration
- Check the web schedule to find the course code or the course and section number for your classes, e.g. CIS-1234-VU01. Students can also use CCV’s Course Sections Search tool to find classes using keywords or instructor name.
- Log onto Colleague Self-Service using your CCV username and password.
- Click on the Student Planning tile.
- Enter your course or section code into the search field in the top right corner.
- Choose your section and click “Add Section to Schedule.”
- Return to Schedule, click on the selected course, and select “Register.”
- Verify your class schedule by returning to the Schedule page.
- View your bill by clicking on the Student Finance tile on the home menu. You can pay your bill by clicking Payments/Authorized Users under Helpful Links. Web registrations may be paid with eCheck (no service fee), or by credit or debit card.
- This service is for returning students without holds on their account. You must have been enrolled at CCV in one of the last four semesters.
Note: There can be several reasons why registration on the web cannot be completed, such as providing documentation of prerequisites. In such situations, contact your local center or advisor for assistance.