Every CCV student has an academic advisor who is focused on helping students meet their educational goals.
Your advisor can help you:
- consider possible careers and CCV programs that will prepare you for the workforce,
- plan for your graduation and transfer to another college,
- set short- and long-term goals,
- choose the courses that will satisfy your degree or educational goals,
- address academic concerns or issues that might develop, and
- connect with CCV or other community resources to support your success.
Here are some additional tips for working with your academic advisor:
- Plan to meet with your advisor at least once per semester, especially during your first few semesters at CCV and as you near graduation.
- Reach out to your advisor whenever you have a question or want to share a success.
- It is important that you feel comfortable working with your advisor. If you feel like a different advisor would better meet your needs, just say so. If you are not comfortable talking about this with your current advisor, speak with someone at the front desk. An administrative assistant can help you make the transition.
If you are considering taking courses at CCV or have questions about getting started, please contact any CCV academic center to schedule a New Student Advising Appointment today.