Financial Aid at CCV


Spend your summer doing what you want, not worrying about how to pay your tuition.


What is financial aid?

Financial aid is money to help you pay for college. This comes in a few different forms:

CCV offers a quality education at the lowest cost of any college in Vermont and we are here to help you apply for and receive financial aid.

Applying for Financial Aid

  1. Create or retrieve your FSA ID. This is a username and password that lets you sign the FAFSA electronically. If you are a dependent student, a parent will need a FSA ID as well.
  2. Gather documents you’ll need to fill out the FAFSA.
  3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). See the chart below for which FAFSA you should file. CCV’s school code is 011167.
  4. Complete the Vermont Grant Application (for Vermont residents). On the confirmation page after you’ve completed the FAFSA, there will be a link to the Vermont Student Assistant Corporation’s (VSAC) website. Not a Vermont resident? Check with your home state’s higher education agency regarding possible state grant opportunities.
  5. Schedule an appointment with VSAC’s Educational Opportunity Center (EOC). VSAC Outreach supports adult learners in accessing college and career training services. In partnership with CCV, EOC counselors can connect students with local community resources or provide support in helping them enroll in school. Please call 877-961-4369 to set up a time to talk with an EOC counselor.
  6. CCV will receive a copy of your FAFSA within a week after you complete it. You will be contacted via mail, phone or text if any additional documentation is needed. Want to talk with a counselor about what aid you could receive? Contact your local financial aid counselor!
  7. If you or your parents’ financial situation has been negatively impacted in 2020 due to COVID-19, CCV and VSAC may be able to help. Additional state and federal grant funds may be available to you.

    Vermont residents may contact VSAC about State grant opportunities at 1-800-882-4166, email or check MyVSAC Work with Grants at

    For additional Federal grant opportunities, please compete the 20/21 Appeal – Change in financial circumstances form and contact your local financial aid counselor.

Which FAFSA should I file?

Semester Attending FAFSA
Fall 2020 – Summer 2021 2020-2021
Fall 2021 – Summer 2022 2021-2022


What information will I need?

  • Your Social Security Number (and your parents’ if you are considered dependent).
  • Tax return information if you filed taxes (or your parents’ if you are considered dependent). See the chart below for the tax year you should use. These tax forms are usually called “1040” tax returns, or “W-2s.” You’ll be able to import your tax information using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT). The IRS DRT remains the fastest, most accurate way to input your tax return information into the FAFSA form.
  • If you did not file taxes, you should gather W-2s from all sources of income as well as any untaxed income. You will also need financial records of any benefit you received, such as child support received or paid, worker’s compensation, or disability income.
FAFSA Year Tax or Income Year Used
2020-2021 2018
2021-2022 2019
Vermont Map

CCV – Vermont Is Our Campus

No matter where you live in Vermont, a CCV Academic Center is close to you!

  • "At CCV I was able to engage with people working in my field of study. My experience was invaluable to my career."

    Harry Knowles ’11 A.S. Human Services