International Students

Becoming a CCV Student

  1. Submit our free application for admission. When applying, please select “Student Visa” when asked about your immigration status.
  2. Once your application has been submitted, you will be contacted via email with additional information regarding the I-20 process.
  3. The following documents need to be submitted for you to be considered for an I-20:
    • An application for an I-20 form: The I-20 form is a document that colleges issue to international students. The I-20 form verifies that you have met the necessary requirements to attend the college and is a vital document for the student visa process. As an international student, you need the I-20 form to apply for a F-1 student visa at your closest U.S. embassy or consulate and to enter the U.S. on a F-1 visa. You should always keep the original I-20 form that has been issued to you. Download I-20 form here.
    • Evidence of financial support for your studies: Students studying on a F-1 visa are required to enroll full time and must demonstrate financial support. Estimated yearly costs for tuition, fees and living expenses are currently $28,000 US plus $4,000 per dependent. Current federal immigration regulations require students to provide certification of finances, usually a letter from your bank, showing this amount of support. We will also accept an affidavit from a sponsor who would provide some or all of this support. Download Affidavit of Support form here.
    • TOEFL or Accuplacer Assessment scores: Those applying to CCV for a student visa must exhibit sufficient English language skills. The TOEFL is the test that CCV uses to measure those English language skills. TOEFL scores should be sent directly to CCV from the Educational Testing Service. You will need to enter CCV’s code, 3286, on your test application to have the results directly sent to CCV. For minimum score requirements, please visit International Frequently Asked Questions. For those already residing in Vermont, you are able to take the Accuplacer Assessments at any CCV Academic Center.
    • Copy of your valid passport and visa (if applicable).
  4. Apply for a Student F-1 Visa: Once you receive your I-20 form from CCV, you can apply for a student F-1 visa.
    • Applicants already in the United States should apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You will need:
      • An I-20 form issued by CCV
      • An I-539 form and fees paid
      • An I-901 form and fees paid
      • A copy of I-94 form that was issued to you when you first arrived in the U.S.
    • Applicants NOT in the United States: Prior to making an appointment at your closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate, you will need to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. It is very important that this fee is paid because without it, you will not be eligible to apply for the student visa. Visit for more information. Once the fee is paid, you will need to contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to schedule an appointment for the visa interview. To find the nearest Embassy, visit
    • Canadian citizens: Citizens of Canada do not need a visa. You may apply at the point of entry for student or exchange visitor status. Canadian students will need the following:
      • Valid I-20 form or DS-109 form
      • Receipt showing payment of SEVIS I-901 fee
      • Proof of financial ability to pay the amount shown on the I-20 form
      • Evidence supporting your non-immigrant intent
    • Citizens of all other countries: Please find additional information here.
  5. When F-1 Student Visa is Received: Once your F-1 visa has been issued, you are able to enter the United States 30 days prior to the start of classes. We recommend you arrive in Vermont as soon as possible so that you have time to become familiar with your new location and sign up for classes. After you’ve arrived in Vermont, schedule an appointment with an academic advisor at the CCV location where you plan to take classes to discuss your goals, courses and what to expect at CCV. You should also plan to attend a New Student Orientation at your CCV location.

Things to Remember

As a student with an F-1 visa, you are required to notify CCV of the following changes:

  • Contact information (address, phone, email)
  • Academic Program
  • Classes
  • Financial support
  • Visa status

If you would like more information about International Admissions at CCV, please visit the frequently asked questions page or contact Assistant Director of Admissions Jessa Karki, at or 802-654-0557

Vermont Map

CCV – Vermont Is Our Campus

No matter where you live in Vermont, a CCV Academic Center is close to you!

  • “CCV is a place for me to broaden my horizons and experience cultural diversity in its most basic forms. It’s a true place of unity.”

    Michael Thomas-Adam CCV-Winooski