Register for Classes
Before you register you must:
- Complete CCV’s admissions and application process (for new students only).
- Activate your account in CCV’s Portal by going to https://portal.ccv.edu and clicking on the link for New Users. Note: Newly admitted students will be able to use the portal web registration within several days of completing the admissions process.
- Consult with your advisor about your class choices.
Register By Phone or Zoom
- Call your local CCV academic center to schedule an appointment.
- Register for classes with the help of a CCV staff member.
- Payment options include cash, check, credit card, employer or agency voucher, payment plan, or financial aid approval by a CCV financial aid counselor.
Supported Web Registration
- Browse our web schedule and select your courses. Students can also use CCV’s Course Sections Search tool to find classes using keywords or instructor name.
- Request your courses using this online form (login required).
- A CCV advisor will review your requests and will contact you in 1-2 business days with next steps.
- This service is for returning students only. You must have been enrolled at CCV in one of the last four semesters.
Direct Web Registration
- Check the web schedule to find the course code or the course and section number for your classes, e.g. CIS-1234-VU01. Students can also use CCV’s Course Sections Search tool to find classes using keywords or instructor name.
- Log onto Self Service using your CCV username and password
- Click on the Student Planning tile
- Enter your course or section code into the search field in the top right corner
- Choose your section and click “Add Section to Schedule”
- Return to Schedule, click on the selected course and select “Register”
- Verify your class schedule by returning to the Schedule page
- View your bill by clicking on the Student Finance tile on the home menu. You can pay your bill by clicking Payments/Authorized Users under Helpful Links. Web registrations may be paid with eCheck (no service fee), or by credit or debit card.
- This service is for returning students without holds on their account. You must have been enrolled at CCV in one of the last four semesters.
Note: There can be several reasons why registration on the web cannot be completed, such as providing documentation of prerequisites. In such situations, contact your local advisor for assistance.