During the fall 2020 semester, remote peer mentoring is available to assist students. Remote peer mentors support students to overcome challenges and stay on track in an online learning environment. Mentors help students clarify expectations and navigate online resources. Mentors are not tutors, and do not provide direct assistance with specific assignments or coursework. However, mentors can help students access services such as Tutor.com, Canvas, and academic advising.
Connect with a Peer Mentor
Connect with a mentor using the chat function on this page.
Available January 26 through May 10, 2021
Monday – Thursday, 12-3 pm and 5-8 pm
Friday 12-3 pm
Peer Mentors help you with a variety of subjects and skills including:
- Academic Skills & Habits: develop learning strategies that work for you and overcome barriers to success.
- CCV’s Navigation:learn to navigate CCV’s portal to access college information, CCV email, resources, and services.
- Online Learning/Canvas: understand the common features used in both online and in-person classes including how to upload assignments, post in a discussion forum, and check your gradebook.
- Library Skills: acquire basic library skills to access books, full-text articles, and online reference resources at Hartness Library.
- Referrals: identify and contact professionals such as academic advisors, CCV librarians, and other experts to assist with specific needs.
- Strategic Classroom Support: use and access additional learning assistance such as Tutor.com and online resources.
Additionally, Career Consultants are available to all students for career services.