An internship through CCV means actively working in the field you want to pursue. We can offer opportunities for you to explore your future career. You may be new to CCV or coming up on your final semester. We’ll help you explore your options and prepare for the workforce. No matter where you are at CCV, it’s never too early to think about an internship in your field of study.
If you are an employer interested in offering internships to CCV students or finding an intern, please contact CCV Career Services.
How Do You Get an Internship?
- Work with Career Services to update and review your résumé and professional portfolio.
- Use your personal and professional network. Ask faculty, friends, family members, CCV staff, and classmates if they know of any internships that might be available in your area of interest.
- Handshake, CCV’s career management platform and job board, has internship postings. To access this tool:
- Go to https://ccv.joinhandshake.com.
- All students should be preregistered. Log in with your regular CCV credentials. If your account isn’t found, you can create a new account using your @ccv.edu email address.
- Begin your search by clicking “Jobs” on the main menu. Use the “Internships” filter and choose a location.
- You can also find local companies in the “Employers” section. Search by location and industry to find contact information.
- Visit the websites of organizations you would like to work for to search for internship opportunities.
- Craft individual cover letters to address each internship you are applying for.
- Prepare thoroughly for each interview. Be sure to research the organization and the role for which you are interviewing. Come prepared with 3 to 4 questions about the organization, the job, supervision, or job training to ask the interviewers.