Service learning allows CCV students to develop professional and academic skills in the context of meaningful, applied work with a community or business organization. Instructors at CCV incorporate service learning projects into their classes to connect academic learning with real-world experience. The projects vary depending on the course and instructor.
Service learning opportunities can strengthen your education in a number of ways such as:
- Encouraging you to perform relevant, meaningful work that stems from course essential objectives.
- Providing structured time for you to think, talk, or write about what you did and saw during the actual service activity.
- Providing you with opportunities to use newly acquired skills and knowledge in real-life situations in your own community.
- Enhancing what you are taught by extending your learning beyond the classroom and into the community.
- Helping to foster your development of a sense of caring for others.
- Providing you with valuable experiences to list on your résumé.
Previous Service Learning Projects
CCV Color Theory Students Create Online Murals