The CCV TRIO Student Support Services Program is a federally funded program designed to help eligible students reach their academic potential and meet their educational and career goals. CCV TRIO is funded to serve only 213 students; as such, we have a selective application process that assesses student motivation, academic need and ability to benefit.
Admission to CCV’s TRIO program is not automatic; it is a privilege, as we are limited in the number of students we can serve. While CCV’s TRIO program is designed to help students succeed, it takes a commitment by the student to be truly effective.
Benefits of TRIO
As a CCV TRIO student, you are eligible to receive these and other benefits:
- A priority advising relationship with a TRIO advisor who will serve as an academic mentor, advisor, transfer counselor, and resource consultant.
- Priority registration which will allow TRIO students to register for classes first.
- Possible eligibility to receive TRIO grants ($550 to $1000); the grants are awarded yearly. TRIO grants do not have to be paid back.
- Private tutoring when a student needs instruction beyond what Learning Center tutors can provide.
- Financial literacy instruction to help students learn how to manage money wisely.
- Assistance with financial aid forms and financial literacy resources.
- Workshops, college visits, transfer and career information.
- Cultural and social opportunities, such as TRIO service days, TRIO breakfasts, and mentoring.
If accepted into the TRIO Program, you will be eligible for the various opportunities and services until you graduate or transfer from CCV. Being a student is hard work, as you already know, and this program is one more source of support for your effort to earn a college degree.
Are you eligible?
TRIO is currently available to students in the following CCV centers. Applications should be submitted to the TRIO Coordinator at your academic center.
- Bennington – Janet Groom
- Brattleboro – Karen Clark
- Montpelier – Kelly Young
- Morrisville – Chris Mooney
- Rutland – Ginger Gellman
- St. Albans – Gretchen DeHart
- Winooski – Jen Garrett-Ostermiller