The CCV TRIO Student Support Services Program is a federally funded program designed to help eligible students reach their academic potential and meet their educational and career goals. CCV TRIO is funded to serve only 225 students; as such, we have a selective application process that assesses student motivation, academic need and ability to benefit.
Admission to CCV’s TRIO program is not automatic; it is a privilege, as we are limited in the number of students we can serve. While CCV’s TRIO program is designed to help students succeed, it takes a commitment by the student to be truly effective.
Benefits of TRIO
As a CCV TRIO student, you are eligible to receive these and other benefits:
- A priority advising relationship with a TRIO advisor who will serve as an academic mentor, advisor, transfer counselor, and resource consultant.
- A TRIO Faculty Coach to support you with academic and life challenges as well as to explore your goals.
- Student leadership development program.
- Possible eligibility to receive TRIO grants ($688 to $1000); the grants are awarded yearly. TRIO grants do not have to be paid back.
- Private tutoring when a student needs instruction beyond what Learning Center tutors can provide.
- Financial literacy instruction to help students learn how to manage money wisely.
- Assistance with financial aid forms and financial literacy resources.
- Workshops, college visits, transfer and career information.
- Cultural and social opportunities, such as TRIO service days, TRIO breakfasts, and mentoring.
- Eligibility for CCV TRIO Study Abroad Scholarships ( two $500 scholarships awarded annually).
If accepted into the TRIO Program, you will be eligible for the various opportunities and services until you graduate or transfer from CCV. Being a student is hard work, as you already know, and this program is one more source of support for your effort to earn a college degree.
Are you eligible?
TRIO is currently available to students in the following CCV centers. Applications should be submitted to the TRIO Coordinator at your academic center.
- Montpelier – Kim Kendall
- Morrisville – Billi Dunham
- Rutland – Ginger Gellman
- St. Albans – Gretchen DeHart
- Winooski – Angie Albeck & Samantha Boymer
If you are interested in exploring your eligibility for TRIO, read over the TRIO Participation Agreement (page 5 of the application) and complete the TRIO Application.