The CCV-Winooski Evelyn Hoffman Donovan Learning and Career Center provides a welcoming environment for students to get the academic support they need. The Learning Center offers students access to computer labs and study areas, providing open and friendly spaces for studying, one-on-one or group assistance, and study groups. Additionally, CCV-Winooski offers Math and Writing Labs along with the availability of the offices of the CCV Resource Coordinator and Academic Coordinator for English Language Learners.
Contact our Learning Center Coordinator, Dave Amsden, with questions via email or by calling 802-654-0563. Dave is available to meet with any student to create an individualized plan for how the LCC can support their success at CCV.
- Drop-in Academic Mentoring is available in CCV-Winooski for support with assignments and study habits. Visit the CCV Learning Center page to learn more.
- Math Support 211B – Mentors provide drop-in support for CCV Mathematics courses.
- Writing Labs 211D – CCV writing faculty will provide individualized support with the mechanics, organization, and style of written assignments and research papers for all CCV courses.
- United Way Resource Coordinator 211D – Sarah Allerton is available to support students with transportation, housing, childcare, healthcare and financial management. Students can reach out to Sarah via email, call, or text at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-578-4265. Sarah and our Resource Coordinators (RCs) will be working remotely starting March 15, 2020
- Career Consultant – CCV Career Consultants can now be reached by email and chat. To chat with the team please check out the career development page. Career Consultants are available through email and chat 10:00-8:00 M-TH and 10:00-1:00 Fri this fall 2018 semester. The team is available to help students choose a major, explore a career path, build resumes, write cover letters, set up job shadows, informational interviews, and internship opportunities.
- Coordinator for English Language Learners 210I – Tuipate F. Mubiay is available to support students who are learning English while studying at CCV. He also supports Faculty who teach English language learners. Tuipate is in the Learning Center on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Contact Tuipate via email or by calling 802-654-0548.
- CCV offers 24/7 on-demanding, online tutoring available in all courses. Students can get immediate support or drop off an essay for review. This service is available through your Canvas classroom. Go to your Canvas course online (every class has one!) and find On-Demand in the Tutor.com navigation menu. Click on the link. No further login necessary.
- Students can access a large collection of online periodicals, eBooks, streaming videos, and specialized academic databases through Hartness Library. Hartness librarians are available to help you find what you need! Call (1-800-431-0025), text (802-778-9584), email (email@example.com) or chat from the library website!
- Prepare for your career and work goals by consulting CCV’s Career Services resources. Our career consultants are here to help you explore career options, craft compelling materials, and gain professional confidence.