In-state tuition rates apply to students who have maintained legal residence in Vermont for at least one continuous year prior to enrollment. Out-of-state students seeking in-state status must submit a completed In-State Tuition Application, and supporting evidence, to be considered for in-state tuition. As part of the Vermont State Colleges system, CCV follows the Vermont State Colleges’ Residency Policy. To apply for in-state tuition, use the In-state Tuition Application Form.

If you have questions regarding residency for in-state tuition or the NEBHE Tuition Break Program, please contact Karrie Demers, Admissions Specialist, at or 802-654-0557.

NEBHE and Good Neighbor Tuition Break Program

Permanent residents of other New England states may be eligible for the New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) Tuition Break Program which allows them to pay a special tuition rate that is equivalent to the current in-state rate. To qualify, a student must be a permanent resident of and living in a bordering New Hampshire or Massachusetts county (Cheshire, Sullivan, Grafton, and Coos counties in New Hampshire, and Franklin and Berkshire counties in Massachusetts). Students may also be eligible if they are enrolled in a NEBHE approved degree or certificate program that is not available in their home New England state.

CCV’s Good Neighbor program allows New York residents living in Clinton, Essex, Rensselaer, and Washington counties to also receive a discount that makes their tuition equal to the current in-state tuition rate.

Veteran and Military Connected Students

Active duty and discharged military personnel (as well as the spouses and dependents of such military service members) who don’t otherwise qualify for in-state status may be eligible based on their military service. To be considered, please complete the In-state Tuition Application Form and include documentation such as the following:

  1. Proof of active military status or recent discharge. This can include such items as:
    • Current military orders of applicable service member
    • DD214 with an honorable discharge
    • NGB22 with an honorable discharge (National Guard)
    • DD256 with an honorable discharge (Reservist)
  2. (For Spouses) Proof of Marriage (Marriage License, Federal tax filings showing married status, etc.)
  3. (For Dependents) Proof of Dependency (Federal tax filings showing dependent status, etc.)

Ready to get started?

Apply today or contact us with any questions.