In-state tuition rates apply to students who have maintained legal residence in Vermont for at least one continuous year prior to enrollment. Out-of-state students seeking in-state status must submit a completed In-State Tuition Application, and supporting evidence, to be considered for in-state tuition. As part of the Vermont State Colleges system, CCV follows the Vermont State Colleges’ Residency Policy. To apply for in-state tuition, use the In-state Tuition Application Form.
If you have questions regarding residency for in-state tuition or the NEBHE Tuition Break Program, please contact Jennifer Barrett, Admissions Specialist, at Jennifer.Barrett@ccv.edu or 802-654-0557.
NEBHE Tuition Break Program
Permanent residents of other New England states may be eligible for the New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) Tuition Break Program which allows them to enroll in a CCV degree or certificate program and pay a special tuition rate that is the equivalent of the current in-state tuition. Students must be enrolled in an approved CCV degree or certificate program to be eligible. The same tuition rate applies to New York residents of Washington and Rensselaer counties who enroll as degree students.
Veteran and Military Connected Students
Active duty and recently discharged (in the last three years) military personnel (as well as the spouses and dependents of such military service members) who don’t otherwise qualify for in-state status may be eligible based on their military service. To be considered, please complete the In-state Tuition Application Form and include documentation such as the following:
- Proof of active military status or recent discharge. This can include such items as:
- Current military orders of applicable service member
- DD214 with an honorable discharge dated within the past 3 years
- NGB22 with an honorable discharge dated within the past 3 years (National Guard)
- DD256 with an honorable discharge dated within the past 3 years (Reservist)
- (For Spouses) Proof of Marriage (Marriage License, Federal tax filings showing married status, etc.)
- (For Dependents) Proof of Dependency (Federal tax filings showing dependent status, etc.)