Residency Requirements for In-State Tuition

In-state tuition rates apply to students who have maintained legal residence in Vermont for at least one continuous year prior to enrollment. Out-of-state students seeking in-state status must submit a completed In-State Tuition Application, and supporting evidence, to be considered for in-state tuition. As part of the Vermont State Colleges system, CCV follows the Vermont State Colleges’ Residency Policy. To apply for in-state tuition, use the In-state Tuition Application Form.

NEBHE Tuition Break Program

Permanent residents of other New England states may be eligible for the New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) Tuition Break Program which allows them to enroll in a CCV degree or certificate program and pay a special tuition rate of approximately 75 percent of the current out-of-state tuition. The same tuition rate applies to New York residents of Washington and Rensselaer counties who enroll as degree students.

Any questions regarding Residency for In-State Tuition or the NEBHE Tuition Break Program, please contact Adam Warrington, Director of Admissions, at, or 802-654-0543.

Vermont Map

CCV – Vermont Is Our Campus

No matter where you live in Vermont, a CCV Academic Center is close to you!

  • “CCV students aren’t afraid to wrestle with complex issues. In Community & Restorative Justice, my students developed approaches in treating drug-possession crimes as a matter of public health, not just public safety. Enroll and help reform our criminal justice system.”

    TJ Donovan Chittenden County State's Attorney,
    CCV Instructor