Determining and Maintaining Eligibility for Financial Aid
All financial aid programs have specific eligibility requirements, application forms, and deadlines. When you receive financial aid, you have the responsibility to make sure you are doing everything you can to retain your eligibility. Complete information about financial aid is available in the Student Handbook, or from the financial aid counselor at each CCV academic center.
Eligibility for Federal Financial Aid
1. You must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen.
2. You must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program at CCV.
3. You must have a high school diploma, GED, or have completed a home school program.
4. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits except for the federal Pell Grant program.
5. You must not be in default on federal student loans or owe a refund on previously awarded
6. You must be making satisfactory academic progress.
7. You must be registered with Selective Service (if required).
8. If you have a prior degree, check with your advisor for additional requirements.