We offer a quality education at the lowest cost of any college in Vermont, and our comprehensive financial aid program can help you finance your education through grants, loans, and scholarships. At CCV, we are here to help you apply for financial aid.
Important documents to gather
Have the following documents ready before you begin completing the required forms in order to speed up the process.
- 2012 Federal taxes and W-2′s (both yours and your parents’ if you are applying as a dependent student). If you have already filed your 2012 federal tax return, the 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will let you automatically transfer your federal tax return data from the Internal Revenue Service to your FAFSA.
- Statement of 2012 benefits (child support, workmen’s compensation, and disability income).
- Personal identification number (PIN) used to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need the PIN for you and your parents if filing as a dependent student. If you don’t have a pin, go to www.pin.ed.gov to obtain one.
Anyone applying for financial aid at CCV must file the FAFSA and the CCV financial aid application.
- Complete the 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). After you submit your FAFSA, print a copy of your application along with the confirmation page.
- Learn how to complete the FAFSA and avoid common mistakes with these resources.
- CCV’s school code is 011167.
- The confirmation page of the FAFSA will have a link to the Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC) grant application, where you can apply for the VSAC Incentive Grant. The application will auto-fill all fields with your federal information.
- Complete the 2013-14 financial aid application. This form provides us with some additional information, including your enrollment plans for the year. Fill in the from, print it, sign it, and give it to the financial aid counselor at your academic center.
- Visit our forms page for additional documents that may be required.
- Not a Vermont resident? Check with your home state higher education agency regarding possible state grant opportunities.
- You will be contacted by CCV if any additional documentation is needed.
After you have completed these steps, make an appointment to see the financial aid counselor at your academic center to answer any questions, discuss your eligibility, and to make sure your financial aid is on track for the upcoming semester.
The financial aid counselor at your academic center will discuss your eligibility with you. It may be an estimate if we are required to request your tax or other information, but you will have a strong idea of your eligibility for the semesters in which you plan to enroll. Your information, including all additional requested documentation, will be forwarded to our central office for final awarding. You will receive an official award letter notifying you of your eligibility.
Financial Aid Application Deadlines:
Spring 2014 – January 10, 2014
Summer 2014 – May 9, 2014