We offer a quality education at the lowest cost of any college in Vermont, and our comprehensive financial aid program can help you finance your education through grants, loans, and scholarships. At CCV, we are here to help you apply for financial aid.
Important First Steps:
Have the following documents ready before you begin completing the required forms in order to speed up the process.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have a statement of prior year benefits (child support, workmen’s compensation, and disability income).
- Have your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). This is your electronic signature, used to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need a FAFSA ID for you and your parents if filing as a dependent student. If you don’t have a FAFSA ID, visit fsaid.ed.gov to obtain one.
New for the 2017-18 Academic Year (fall ’17, spring ’18, summer ’18 semesters)
- The 2017-18 FAFSA can be filed as early as October 1, 2016, and will use your 2015 federal income information.
Remember to file the 2016-17 FAFSA for enrollment during the spring ’17 and summer ’17 semesters. Our financial aid counselors are always happy to help you with your financial aid application.
Anyone applying for financial aid at CCV must file the FAFSA and the CCV financial aid application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). After you submit your FAFSA, print a copy of your application along with the confirmation page.
- Learn how to complete the FAFSA and avoid common mistakes with these resources.
- CCV’s school code is 011167.
- The confirmation page of the FAFSA will have a link to the Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC) grant application, where you can apply for the VSAC Incentive Grant. The application will auto-fill all fields with your federal information.
- Complete the financial aid application available on the forms page. This form provides us with some additional information, including your enrollment plans for the year. Fill in the form, print it, sign it, and give it to the financial aid counselor at your academic center.
- Visit our forms page for additional documents that may be required.
- Not a Vermont resident? Check with your home state higher education agency regarding possible state grant opportunities.
- You will be contacted by CCV if any additional documentation is needed.
After you have completed these steps, make an appointment to see the financial aid counselor at your academic center to answer any questions, discuss your eligibility, and to make sure your financial aid is on track for the upcoming semester.
The financial aid counselor at your academic center will discuss your eligibility with you. It may be an estimate if we are required to request your tax or other information, but you will have a strong idea of your eligibility for the semesters in which you plan to enroll. Your information, including all additional requested documentation, will be forwarded to our central office for final awarding. You will receive an official award letter notifying you of your eligibility.
Financial Aid Application Deadlines:
Summer 2017 – May 12, 2017
Fall 2017 – August 25. 2017