In honor of its upcoming 50th anniversary, Community College of Vermont (CCV) has received a generous gift of $50,000 from the J. Warren and Lois McClure Foundation to provide scholarships for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) classes.Read More
View our press highlights from November.
- Vermont State Colleges Trustees Unanimously Adopt Anti-Racism Pledge | Local News | caledonianrecord.com A student-led task force, composed of students from each VSCS school, presented the anti-racism pledge to the diversity, equity and inclusion committee. The VSC Board of Trustees adopted this anti-racism pledge.
- Graduation and milestones | School News | vtcng.com Four Shelburne students were named to the summer 2021 honors list at CCV.
- CCV Announces Summer 2021 Student Honors List – The Montpelier Bridge CCV students in eight central Vermont towns were named to the summer 2021 academic honors lists.
- Free child development course offered to Windham County residents | Community-news | reformer.com Early Education Services is offering a free 3-credit child development course at CCV in the spring 2022 semester to anyone from the Windham County area.
- Local students graduate, receive college honors | Community | vtcng.com Lamoille county students were named to the summer 2021 honors list at CCV.
- Vermont Tech expands nursing program in Northeast Kingdom | Local News | rutlandherald.com VTC received a grant to expand their in-person clinical nursing program on NVU’s Lyndon campus. CCV has 297 students enrolled in the allied health preparation certificate program, which is a pathway to VTC’s nursing program.
- Graduation and milestones | School News | vtcng.com Shelburne students were named to the summer 2021 honors list at CCV.
- On the Front Lines: One Colchester veteran’s journey from Marine Corps to nursing school | News | colchestersun.com CCV student Quinn O’Reilly’s story of his journey from the Marine Corps to nursing school was featured in the Colchester Sun.
- VCF announces mental health and suicide prevention COVID-19 recovery initiative | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) CCV is receiving “Umatter Gatekeeper” training for student and staff leaders stemming from the Vermont Community Foundation’s VT COVID-19 Response Fund as it works to expand Vermonters’ access to mental health and suicide prevention care.
- Celebrating first-generation students at CCV – The Mountain Times CCV recognized National First-Generation College Celebration day by sharing student Matthew Stoddard’s experience at CCV.
- Scott, Department of Labor celebrate National Apprenticeship Week | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) Vermont celebrated National Apprenticeship Week November 15-21, and Central Vermont Medical Center highlighted their accelerated Licensed Practical Nursing Program, run in partnership with CCV. Thirteen CCV students graduated from the program in July 2021.
- Thunder Road announces 2022 schedule | Sports | rutlandherald.com CCV will sponsor a night of racing at Thunder Road on June 23, 2022.
- UVM Health Network and CCV launch new apprentice program to grow pharmacy workforce | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) CCV, in collaboration with the UVM Health Network, is offering a new Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship Program that begins in January.