Despite the crazy times we’re living in, CCV students, faculty, and staff are thriving! We’re looking forward to the start of summer semester on May 26, and pleased to share the latest roundup of news and announcements from around the state.Read More
View our press highlights from November.
- Vermont State Colleges Trustees Unanimously Adopt Anti-Racism Pledge | Local News | caledonianrecord.com A student-led task force, composed of students from each VSCS school, presented the anti-racism pledge to the diversity, equity and inclusion committee. The VSC Board of Trustees adopted this anti-racism pledge.
- Graduation and milestones | School News | vtcng.com Four Shelburne students were named to the summer 2021 honors list at CCV.
- CCV Announces Summer 2021 Student Honors List – The Montpelier Bridge CCV students in eight central Vermont towns were named to the summer 2021 academic honors lists.
- Free child development course offered to Windham County residents | Community-news | reformer.com Early Education Services is offering a free 3-credit child development course at CCV in the spring 2022 semester to anyone from the Windham County area.
- Local students graduate, receive college honors | Community | vtcng.com Lamoille county students were named to the summer 2021 honors list at CCV.
- Vermont Tech expands nursing program in Northeast Kingdom | Local News | rutlandherald.com VTC received a grant to expand their in-person clinical nursing program on NVU’s Lyndon campus. CCV has 297 students enrolled in the allied health preparation certificate program, which is a pathway to VTC’s nursing program.
- Graduation and milestones | School News | vtcng.com Shelburne students were named to the summer 2021 honors list at CCV.
- On the Front Lines: One Colchester veteran’s journey from Marine Corps to nursing school | News | colchestersun.com CCV student Quinn O’Reilly’s story of his journey from the Marine Corps to nursing school was featured in the Colchester Sun.
- VCF announces mental health and suicide prevention COVID-19 recovery initiative | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) CCV is receiving “Umatter Gatekeeper” training for student and staff leaders stemming from the Vermont Community Foundation’s VT COVID-19 Response Fund as it works to expand Vermonters’ access to mental health and suicide prevention care.
- Celebrating first-generation students at CCV – The Mountain Times CCV recognized National First-Generation College Celebration day by sharing student Matthew Stoddard’s experience at CCV.
- Scott, Department of Labor celebrate National Apprenticeship Week | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) Vermont celebrated National Apprenticeship Week November 15-21, and Central Vermont Medical Center highlighted their accelerated Licensed Practical Nursing Program, run in partnership with CCV. Thirteen CCV students graduated from the program in July 2021.
- Thunder Road announces 2022 schedule | Sports | rutlandherald.com CCV will sponsor a night of racing at Thunder Road on June 23, 2022.
- UVM Health Network and CCV launch new apprentice program to grow pharmacy workforce | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) CCV, in collaboration with the UVM Health Network, is offering a new Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship Program that begins in January.