Special Transfer Agreements

CCV has special transfer agreements (also known as articulation agreements) with many other colleges that will help you in the process of transferring credits.

CCV currently offers students articulation agreements with the following colleges:

Castleton University

Why Castleton?
CCV students transfer to Castleton University because of the quality education they will receive through Castleton’s strong core foundation in the liberal arts, coupled with over 75 programs of study, including science or professional degree options. Transfer students appreciate the small class sizes and the learning relationships they develop with their professors, who are experts in their fields and who care about student success.
Through a transfer agreement between Castleton and CCV, any student who graduates from CCV is guaranteed admission to Castleton. Students do need to apply, but the application fee is waived. A few Castleton programs, such as art, music, and nursing, have more restrictive admissions requirements.
All CCV credits will be accepted and applied to the student’s major as appropriate, then to Castleton’s general education requirements, and finally to the electives that fill out a degree. Getting the balance exactly right can be tricky, but if you are thinking of Castleton, you have the advantage of gaining academic advice while you are at CCV that will allow you to make the most of your time at both colleges.
Castleton works closely with CCV and encourages CCV graduates to continue at Castleton. Castleton faculty members have learned that CCV graduates are capable of becoming some of Castleton’s most successful students and alumni. They will make the most of a Castleton education and will contribute in and outside the classroom.
Castleton’s Transfer Success Scholarship
CCV associate degree graduates who transfer to Castleton will automatically receive the Transfer Success Scholarship. This scholarship of $4,200 per year will be awarded to students entering Castleton on a full-time basis in the fall or spring semester. Awards are renewable for students making satisfactory academic progress towards their degree. Recipients must maintain continuous enrollment at Castleton and a grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Transfer Pathways
Castleton and CCV have developed pathway plans for popular majors so that students who follow the prescribed plan will not have to take more than 64 credits to earn a bachelor degree.
To learn more about Castleton University and transfer pathways, visit www.castleton.edu/ccv
For questions regarding admission procedures or transfer options contact Castleton University Office of Admissions at 800-639-8521 or info@castleton.edu . Raphael Okutoro
Assistant Director of Admissions who advises undergraduate transfer applicants, can be contacted directly at (802) 468-6407 or raphael.okutoro@castleton.edu.

College of St. Joseph

College of St. Joseph in Rutland offers various degree options at the undergraduate and graduate level to prepare students for exciting careers in the fields of arts and science, allied health, business, criminal justice, education, psychology and more! With the intimate learning environment and small class sizes available through CSJ, students have access to a unique college experience characterized by a supportive community of faculty and staff excited to guide you to success as a student and beyond. CCV graduates are automatically accepted into all non-science bachelor’s degree programs and have the added bonus of automatic qualification for the institution’s highest scholarship award – the Provider Scholarship – which is valued at $31,000 for 2 years as a full-time resident, or $15,500 for 2 years as a full-time commuter student.

Transfer Pathways
The College of St. Joseph and CCV have created suggested 2+2 pathways for popular degree programs. To learn more about College of St. Joseph and transfer pathways visit our website. Apply for free today at www.csj.edu/apply. Please contact the Office of Admission at 802-776-5205 or at admissions@csj.edu for additional assistance.

Excelsior College

CCV has established an educational partnership with Excelsior College to help you earn your bachelor’s degree in a way that fits with your busy life and budget. As a member of the CCV community, you’re eligible for partner benefits at Excelsior that include special discounts on tuition and fees, and the opportunity to transfer up to 116 credits from CCV and other accredited institutions. You may also be awarded with college credit for military training, certifications, and work experience. With 8 or 15-week online courses, credit by exam options, and the right academic support and career resources, you can succeed at an accredited college that’s been helping adults complete their degrees for more than 40 years.

Learn about your benefits at http://ccvermont.excelsior.edu or contact academic partnership representative Laura St. George at 802-425-4466 or lstgeorge@excelsior.edu.

Goddard College

At Goddard College, students take charge of their learning and collaborate with other students, staff, and faculty to build a strong community. Goddard encourages students to become creative, passionate, lifelong learners, working and living with an earnest concern for others and the welfare of the Earth.

Goddard awards the BA, BFA, MA, and MFA degrees in individualized studies, education and licensure, sustainability, health arts and sciences, psychology and clinical mental health counseling, creative writing, and interdisciplinary arts. You can pursue Vermont teacher licensure in the Education program, at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The college accepts up to 75 transfer credits for undergraduate students.

Goddard’s low-residency semester format comprises an intensive eight-day residency on campus and 16 weeks of independent work and self-reflection in close collaboration with a faculty adviser. A student’s semester studies are carried out where the student is, be that in their home community, engaged in a community service project, traveling, and so on. The college pioneered this format nearly a half century ago particularly to meet the needs of adult students with professional, family, and other obligations seeking learning experiences with relevance in real-world circumstances. Following completion of the degree work, Goddard students attend a 3-day commencement residency to share their work with other students in their program, to have their achievements celebrated, and to participate in commencement.

Goddard comprises three campus sites: the historic main campus in Plainfield, Vermont, the Fort Worden State Park and Conference Center in Port Townsend, Washington, and a community location in Seattle, Washington.

If you are interested in transferring to Goddard College, please contact the Admissions Office. The application fee is waived for CCV graduates. For more information, visit the Goddard College website or call 800-906-8312.

Green Mountain College

Founded in 1834 and located in Poultney, Vermont, Green Mountain College offers a unique array of traditional on-campus bachelor’s degree programs, as well as four groundbreaking online graduate degrees and the Online Advanced Start Bachelor’s degree (OASB) completion program. At just $300 per credit for CCV graduates, the OASB degree is one of Vermont’s most affordable bachelor’s degree completion programs. Students can choose to complete their bachelor’s degree concentrating in either Business Administration or Interdisciplinary Studies.

Green Mountain College has partnered with the Community College of Vermont to support CCV graduates by offering special tuition discounts and providing an easy-to-follow plan to bachelor’s degree completion through the OASB program. The transfer agreement provides CCV graduates guaranteed acceptance into Green Mountain College’s bachelor’s degree programs at the junior level, as well as the transfer of all successfully completed CCV courses. Additionally, students in the OASB program are permitted to continue taking coursework at CCV after they have started at Green Mountain College. This helps students to further offset the costs of completing the degree and offers added flexibility that is uncommon in higher education today.CCV graduates will work with Green Mountain College academic advisors to select additional CCV courses that may be applied to the bachelor’s degree. Students in the online bachelor’s degree program may apply a total of up to 81 CCV credit hours to the required 120 credit hours of the bachelor’s degree. To learn more about this amazing opportunity, request information today or contact the office of Online Enrollment by phone at: (802) 774-8366 or by email at: onlineadmissions@greenmtn.edu.

Johnson State College

Johnson State College offers CCV students two options for earning a bachelor’s degree:

  • the External Degree Program (EDP) which is available through all CCV offices. Bachelor’s degree programs include Business, Psychology, Interdisciplinary Studies, Professional Studies, Education with teacher licensure, Wellness and Alternative Medicine, and more. EDP advisors are available at CCV academic centers.
  • Johnson’s campus program, offering students an engaging learning environment through small classes and access to professors.

As a Vermont State College, Johnson offers the lowest tuition for a bachelor’s degree in Vermont. CCV and Johnson work together to make transferring as easy as possible. For more information call 800-635-2356 or visit www.jsc.vsc.edu.

Lyndon State College

Why Lyndon?

Lyndon State College is 100% committed to student success. With small classes, personal attention from dedicated faculty, and a college-wide commitment to assist students to develop their full potential, Lyndon is a great choice for many CCV graduates. Lyndon offers a number of outstanding and unique professional programs within a liberal arts context; careers in business, education, and human services, as well as television studies, graphic design, digital media, and ski resort management are among those available to graduates of CCV. Lyndon is the only four-year college in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont and is here to serve the needs of the Northeast Kingdom. Lyndon provides high quality, affordable bachelor’s degree opportunities to adult students in this region.
A transfer agreement guarantees admission to Lyndon for associate degree graduates of CCV. LSC also provides academic and financial aid advising, and accepts all CCV credits. To start your Lyndon experience, visit the LSC transfer student webpage.

Marlboro College

CCV graduates are encouraged to apply for transfer to Marlboro College where they will have the opportunity to direct their education. Marlboro students choose all of their courses, create one-on-one tutorials with faculty members in subject areas of interest, and complete a Plan of Concentration, a two-year self-directed course of study culminating in a series of advanced, large-scale projects.

The transfer of credit to Marlboro is simple, there are no distribution requirements and a maximum of 60 credits, per the Marlboro College Transfer Credit Policy, is transferable. Marlboro College requires a total of 120 credits to graduate and a minimum of 50 of those credits count toward your plan. Click the link below for CCV courses approved for transfer to Marlboro College.

Every attempt is made to make a Marlboro education financially possible for qualified students with demonstrated financial need. All students, including international students, may be considered for merit and/or admissions scholarships. The fall deadline for Financial Aid consideration is April 1st.

CCV students are encouraged to contact Marlboro College and meet with an advisor in their sophomore year to facilitate transfer and begin work on their Plan.

The CCV transfer agreement with Marlboro College:

  • waives the application fee for CCV graduates;
  • assures CCV associate degree graduates with a grade point average of 2.75 or higher acceptance to Marlboro College bachelor degree programs, subject to admissions eligibility requirements; and
  • provides a $1000 transfer award to CCV graduates meeting admission requirements and entering Marlboro College.

For more information call (800) 343-0049, e-mail admissions@marlboro.edu, or visit www.marlboro.edu.

CCV courses approved for transfer to Marlboro College.

Marlboro College Graduate School

Marlboro College Graduate School now offers CCV graduates in Computer Systems Management and Network Administration the opportunity to transfer earned credits into their bachelor’s degree program in Managing Information Systems (MIS). This program, which integrates business and technology, is offered entirely online, with accelerated and part-time options available. Financial aid is available. For more information call toll-free at 888-258-5665 or visit www.gradschool.marlboro.edu.

Norwich University

Norwich University offers CCV graduates the ability to earn their Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice entirely online, in less than two years. Through an agreement with CCV, Norwich will apply at least 60 of your CCV credits toward your bachelor’s degree. We are working hard to make sure tuition is affordable for our students. If you are active military, we offer you a lower tuition rate of $250 per credit for the Norwich Criminal Justice program. For CCV graduates not eligible for our lower active military tuition rate, a $500 tuition scholarship is available.

Norwich also offers semester credits for previous career or military training and certifications, allowing you to transfer up to 84 total semester credits and accelerate the completion of your Criminal Justice bachelor’s degree.

With a rich legacy of developing leaders in the military, public sector, and private industry, Norwich is dedicated to your personal and professional success. Norwich offers an extensive support system of staff and faculty whose focus is to help you achieve your goals.

To learn more about Norwich’s online Criminal Justice program, visit online.norwich.edu/ccv.

Southern Vermont College

Southern Vermont College (SVC) offers seventeen career-enhancing bachelor’s degrees in business, humanities, nursing, science and technology, and social sciences at its historic Bennington campus. The transfer agreement with SVC:

  • assures CCV graduates acceptance to SVC’s bachelor degree programs, subject to eligibility criteria for admission
  • guarantees CCV students will receive academic credit for up to a maximum of 66 credits for courses graded “C” or higher.
  • offers a special agreement between CCV and SVC Business and Criminal Justice programs which provides CCV graduates scholarships and excellent transfer opportunities

For more information call 802-447-6304, email admis@svc.edu or visit www.svc.edu.

Springfield College

Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts, with a campus in St. Johnsbury, Vermont, offers a B.S. degree program in Human Services. Students participate in a unique, collaborative learning environment that teaches them how to deliver effective social services and to improve the quality of life in organizations and communities. Eligible students from CCV may utilize an articulation agreement that allows CCV graduates to transfer their associate degree and up to a maximum of 72 credits toward a bachelor’s degree and begin as juniors in the Springfield program. Students considering transfer are encouraged to communicate their intention early with the dean of the school of Human Services. Applications for transfer may be completed online at the Springfield College website. Please contact the admissions office for more information at 800-441-1812 ext. 41 or 802-748-5402.

Sterling College

Sterling College is a small and progressive liberal arts college in northern Vermont. Small size, an environmental focus, and a commitment to grassroots sustainability make Sterling unique.

Sterling College knows that the most rewarding learning is hands-on learning. Whether offered on campus in a laboratory or seminar room, on the side of a mountain, or in a barn or pasture, classes at Sterling are small and foster experiential learning and deep inquiry through close relationships between faculty and students.

Sterling College offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in Ecology, Environmental Humanities, Outdoor Education, and Sustainable Agriculture. Students can also choose to design their own major, examples include: Agroecology, Environmental Justice, Conservation Education, and International Agriculture and Business.

CCV students may receive academic credit for all courses in which they have received a grade of “C” or higher. Sterling College will provide academic advising to CCV students wishing to transfer. Both scholarship and transfer awards are available to eligible students.

Additionally, Sterling College has committed to match in-state public university tuition for all Vermonters who gain admission through Spring Semester of 2014.

For more information please visit the Sterling College website or contact the admissions office at 800-648-3591 ext. 100.

Union Institute & University

Live anywhere in Vermont or in the world and enjoy the ultimate convenience of a bachelor degree online at Union Institute & University. Communicate with faculty and other students around your schedule through phone, email, e-learning platform, and online. Our bachelor degree programs offer majors in: Business Administration, Business Management, Criminal Justice Management, Early Childhood Studies, Emergency Services Management, Organizational Leadership, Maternal Child Health: Human Lactation, Psychology, and Social Work.
Online Bachelor’s – A degree built around life’s responsibilities

  • Explore ideas and issues from multiple perspectives using different modes of disciplinary and interdisciplinary inquiry.
  • The rigorous academic environment within each bachelor degree program offered at Union Institute & University is paired with one-on-one faculty interaction and collaboration with fellow students using state of the art technology.

Transfer Credit
Whether your college credit was earned two weeks ago or more than 20 years ago, we recognize the value of your past learning. Union Institute & University’s bachelor degree program accepts transfer credits (up to 90 credit hours, see specific degree program for detailed information) from a variety of sources, including other accredited academic institutions, college-level experiential learning, workshop documentation, military training, and CLEP exams. Through careful faculty guidance, students develop an individualized study plan that matches their experience with their personal and career goals.
Certified Learning
Union Institute & University undergraduate students may be granted up to thirty (30) semester hours of credit for learning satisfactorily completed through workshops, courses, or seminars taken at non-regionally accredited colleges or through professional organizations. To receive academic credit, such work must be thoroughly documented as college-level learning. CCV graduates receive $100.00 tuition reduction per credit hour for the first thirty (30) credit hours of registration (minimum time in program) providing a total scholarship amount of $3,000. Financial aid is available for qualified students. Call 800.861.6400, or visit: https://www.myunion.edu/academics/bachelors for more information.

University of Maine

The University of Maine, in Orno, Maine, has created a special transfer agreement for CCV STEM A.S. graduates to matriculate into a Surveying Engineering Technology B.S. degree. A surveying career is for the individual that seeks a good salary, likes the outdoors, and wants to work independently. Surveying is a combination of technical knowledge, legal knowledge, business savvy, innovation, and communication skills. Employment is available across the United States — in rural and urban communities.

New England Regional Student Program: New England residents qualify for the New England Board of Higher Education reduced tuition rates.

Sample Pathway from CCV STEM A.S. to Surveying Engineering Technology B.S.

For more information on the Surveying Engineering Technology Program contact: Linda.Liscomb@umit.maine.edu

University of Vermont

Many CCV students transfer successfully to the University of Vermont to complete a baccalaureate degree.

An articulation agreement with UVM’s College of Arts and Sciences (with 21 departments) guarantees admission for CCV graduates with a 2.7 or higher GPA, provided the student has completed 60 pre-approved transfer credits. CCV degree students are encouraged to communicate early with a CCV advisor, UVM’s admissions office, and the College of Arts and Sciences for specific degree requirements.

An articulation agreement with UVM’s Rubenstein School of Environmental and Natural Resources guarantees admission for CCV graduates with a 2.7 or higher GPA, provided the student has completed a minimum of 60 pre-approved transfer credits, 30 of which must have been taken at CCV. CCV degree students are encouraged to communicate early with a CCV advisor, UVM’s admissions office, and the Rubenstein School of Environmental and Natural Resources for specific degree requirements.

UVM Environmental Science Transfer Path (PDF)

An articulation agreement with the UVM Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders provides transfer pathways for CCV graduates with a 2.7 or higher GPA, provided the student has completed a minimum of 60 pre-approved transfer credits, 30 of which must have been taken at CCV. Students completing a CCV associate degree in Early Childhood Education or Human Services may use their CCV degree to meet the minor requirement of a Communication Sciences and Disorders B.S. degree. CCV degree students are encouraged to communicate early with a CCV advisor, UVM’s admissions office, and the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (College of Nursing and Health Sciences) for specific degree requirements.

Transfer pathways:

More information about these agreements is available on the UVM website and by contacting UVM’s Office of Admissions at 802-656-3370. Previous course transfer equivalencies can be viewed at UVM’s transfer guide. For further information, contact your CCV academic advisor or UVM’s Transfer Coordinator, Gabriel Rodriguez (Gabriel.rodriguez@uvm.edu, 802-656-4624).

UVM offers scholarships for transfer students, including a $3000 annual Dean’s Merit Scholarship for students with a cumulative 3.1 transfer GPA. Please contact UVM’s Student Financial Services office for more information.

Vermont Technical College

Vermont Tech offers bachelor and associate degrees in Applied Science and Engineering Technology in more than 20 disciplines, including nursing, architecture, engineering, business, landscape development, automotive technology, agriculture, and veterinary technology. There are campuses in Williston, Vermont and Randolph Center, Vermont as well as eight sites around the state. Call 800-442-8821 or visit www.vtc.edu.

An articulation agreement with Vermont Tech B.S. degree program in Renewable Energy guarantees admission for CCV graduates who complete the A.S. in STEM Studies, provided the student has completed a minimum of 60 pre-approved transfer credits. CCV degree students are encouraged to communicate early with a CCV advisor and Vermont Tech’s admissions office for specific degree requirements.”

Vermont Tech Renewable Energy Transfer Pathway

An articulation agreement with the Vermont Tech BS degree programs in Business Technology and Management – now with an optional Entrepreneurship Concentration – and Applied Business Management – offered completely online – gives CCV student eligibility for a scholarship and to enter Vermont Tech with junior status. CCV students are required to apply to Vermont Tech prior to graduating from CCV, but must be sure to complete their associate degree at CCV to begin.

Learn more about the CCV-to-VTC pathway

View all of our transfer and 2+2 agreements in one Excel spreadsheet.

The Vermont State Colleges

CCV has articulation agreements within the Vermont State Colleges (VSC) system that allow CCV graduates to receive junior status in VSC four-year programs. General education requirements fulfilled at CCV will count toward similar requirements at the other VSC schools. The VSC system includes CCV, Castleton, Johnson, Lyndon, and Vermont Technical College.

Note: As of fall, 2002, credits taken anywhere in the Vermont State Colleges system will appear automatically on any VSC school transcript and will no longer be treated as transfer credits within the VSC. This means students will no longer have to request CCV transcripts be sent to other VSC colleges. It also means that all grades for CCV courses (including “W”, “D” and “F”) will move with a student from CCV to another VSC college. Also, beginning with fall ’02 semester, grades earned at CCV will also automatically factor into a student’s grade point average after transfer into another VSC degree program.

Vermont Map

CCV – Vermont Is Our Campus

No matter where you live in Vermont, a CCV Academic Center is close to you!

  • "The APL portfolio is pretty amazing. It really gives you a good sense of satisfaction and gratification that you've done so much."

    Kim Sweatt CCV Alumna
    Asst. Product Engineer
    Earned 51 credits through APL