You may be close to graduation and ready to find a job in your field of study, or you may be a current student looking for part-time employment while going to school. Either way, you’re looking for work, and there are many venues for discovering job opportunities.
Embark on a Job Search
- Use your personal and professional network. Ask faculty, friends, family members, CCV staff, and classmates if they know of any contacts in your area of interest.
- Update your professional portfolio and resume.
- Check both your email and your voicemail to make sure you are putting forth a professional image.
- Research occupations within your field so that you know which job titles to look for.
- Visit the websites of organizations you would like to work for to search for employment opportunities.
- Use online job search sites and search postings by title, location, industry, and/or compensation.
- Craft your cover letter to address each position you are applying for.
- Prepare thoroughly for each interview.
- Send a thank you note immediately following each interview.
- Track your job search efforts using CCV’s Job Tracking Worksheet.
Explore Job Search Sites
- CCV Career Connections
- Jobs in Vermont
- Pathways to Promising Careers
- Vermont Job Link
- Riley Guide
CCV Course Connections
CCV courses that may help you jumpstart your job search: