CLEP and DSST testing at the Winooski center will resume on Monday, August 16. Call 802-654-0670 to make an appointment.
Sign up for one of two testing options offered at CCV Winooski:
- The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) offers more than 30 tests in areas such as composition, literature, history, social sciences, science, mathematics, business, and world languages. Check www.clep.org for more information.
- The DSST Program (formerly DANTES Subject Standardized Tests) helps you receive college credits through more than 30 exams in college subject areas such as social sciences, math, applied technology, business, physical sciences and humanities. Check www.getcollegecredit.com for more information.
Testing is straightforward and reasonably priced
You pay only the test and proctoring fee, $140-$144 per test. Tests carry three to twelve credits. Check the list of available tests and make your testing appointment by calling 802-654-0670. While it’s not required to consult with an Academic Advisor before deciding on a test and making an appointment, it’s a good idea to check with your Advisor and/or the Registrar’s Office to be sure your chosen test will satisfy the desired requirement. Tests are computer-based and are administered at CCV Winooski. Pre-testing practice materials are available from the exam providers to help you test successfully. Most test outcomes are available instantly.
Testing by examination is a good option for you if you
- Have studied on your own, through online courses, or trainings at work
- Are confident you can meet the subject requirements
- Are enthusiastic about preparing for the test
- Enjoy testing
- Want immediate results
Ask a CCV Advisor, contact CCV Winooski at 802-654-0670, or attend a free Prior Learning Assessment information session.
Ready to get started? Follow these easy steps:
- Attend a PLA Informational Webinar
- Connect with an Academic Advisor
- Call 802-654-0670 to schedule your exam
FOR WHAT YOU KNOW!
Get your personalized Prior Learning Assessment recommendation and discover how you can save time and money on your path toward a degree or credential.