As a participant in the GCRC program, you will have the opportunity to gain the skills and training required to be successful in the workplace. This program is offered in partnership with the Vermont Department of Labor, and classes are free to participants. As a student in the GCRC program, you will:
- improve your resume and interviewing skills
- develop teamwork and interpersonal skills
- practice time and project management
- identify trends and interpret data
- learn basic computer skills
- build a solid career foundation
Participants will focus on the skills most requested by Vermont businesses, and all participants in the course become eligible for two certificates: The National Career Readiness Certificate and the Governor’s Career Ready Certificate.
Ready to get started?
- Attend a free information session
- Select the GCRC course that’s right for you
- Sign up at https://apply.ccv.edu/career today or contact email@example.com for more information
How can employers benefit from the GCRC program?
The Governor’s Career Ready Certificate can help take the guesswork out of your hiring decisions. Using our “Six Point” assessment process we can help identify the strengths and improvement needs of new and potential employees as well as develop a plan for helping you and your employees reach new levels of workplace readiness.
Job profilers can help pinpoint the most important skills needed for a specific job, based on thousands of national skills standards. By matching skills with an employee, and by raising those skills through individualized targeted training, we’ll help you get the right person in the right job with the right skills.
The Governor’s Career Ready Certificate utilizes the national WorkKeys assessment system, a tool used in over 40 states to give employers a hiring advantage.
Let us help you:
- match the right person to the right job
- reduce turnover
- reduce training costs
- save time and take the guesswork out of hiring
The Governor’s Career Ready Certificate can also help your existing employees. By assessing their talents, skills and work suitability, we can help raise the skill levels of your existing employees through the same individualized training we provide to new and potential employees.