All are welcome to attend a free virtual Abenaki speaker series this spring, hosted by the Community College of Vermont (CCV). The series is part of CCV’s ongoing effort to honor the Abenaki people, who originally stewarded the land on which the College’s 12 academic centers are located.Read More
View our press highlights from March.
- New CCV program supports students’ basic needs | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) CCV’s Life Gap Plus program is designed to connect students facing basic needs insecurities with resources to help them succeed in school.
- Affording life with Life Gap Plus – AACC 21st Century Virtual CenterAACC 21st Century Virtual Center (aacc21stcenturycenter.org) A CCV Now story highlighting the Life Gap Plus program was shared on American Association of Community Colleges’ national blog.
- Medical Center Uses Career Growth and Foreign Nurses to Combat Shortage – The Montpelier Bridge Central Vermont Medical Center, in partnership with CCV and VTC, offers a pathway for LNAs to earn LPN licensure while working full-time. Eight students are set to graduate from the program this summer.
- Sanders announces more than $38 million for Vermont communities | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) Government funding has been allocated to support a partnership between CCV and the Vermont Department of Corrections, offering educational opportunities for Vermonters who are incarcerated.
- Tickets Available for Centenary Stage Company’s World Premiere Production of WHIPPOORWILL (broadwayworld.com) CCV acting instructor Margo Whitcomb directed the production of the play “Whippoorwill” by Ruth Kirschner.
- Anti-Racism Pledge To Be Officially Introduced Across Vermont State Colleges | Local News | caledonianrecord.com The Diversity and Inclusion Task Force is planning a soft roll-out of the anti-racism pledge for VSCS students this semester, which will be officially launched in the next academic year.
- Hospital, college team up to offer pathways program | Local News | vtcng.com CCV and Copley Hospital are offering the Healthcare Careers Pathway, a college-level employment program that provides participants the opportunity to explore healthcare career options through job shadowing and classes.
- Letters to the Editor | Opinion | benningtonbanner.com (Thank you to CCV from Bennington County Open Arms) Bennington County Open Arms, a volunteer group that assists refugees settling in the area, thanked CCV for its support in a Bennington Banner letter to the editor.
- Vermont by Degrees: Earn while you learn | Perspective | timesargus.com (Editorial from CCV President Joyce Judy) This “Vermont by Degrees” column, contributed by Joyce Judy, focused on CCV’s LPN pathway program at Central Vermont Medical Center as well as other CCV opportunities for Vermonters to earn and learn at the same time.