Seven new medical assistants started work at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital (BMH) this week. Eilidh Pederson, vice president of the BMH Medical Group, says they’re stepping into crucial roles.Read More
View our press highlights from October.
- Shaken Loose From Jobs by the Pandemic, Many Seek a Different Path | Economy | Seven Days | Vermont’s Independent Voice (sevendaysvt.com) Many workers displaced by the pandemic are training for jobs in healthcare, including almost half of the students taking classes at CCV through the tuition-free workforce program.
- Area Students Named to Summer 2021 Honor and Dean’s Lists at CCV | Education news | caledonianrecord.com Caledonia county area students were highlighted for their accomplishments in being named to the CCV summer 2021 honors list and dean’s list.
- October Job Fests, Virtual Job Fair bring together Vermont employers and jobseekers | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) CCV was a part of the October Job Fest events held by the Vermont Department of Labor and local partners in Bennington, Rutland, and online.
- No cost trainings for Vermonters impacted by COVID-19 | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) CCV, along with the other VSCS schools, is offering free classes and trainings for Vermonters adversely affected by COVID-19.
- News roundup: Vermont Department of Health reports 202 new COVID-19 cases Monday | Vermont Public Radio (vpr.org) CCV requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for students enrolling in in-person and hybrid classes starting spring 2022.
- Medical assistant program looking for applicants | Community-news | reformer.com Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and CCV are again offering an accelerated apprenticeship program for medical assistants. Classes begin January 24, 2022.
- UVM med students to have in-person white coat ceremony Friday | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) Former CCV faculty member Justin Henningsen is one of 124 first-year medical students that received their white coat in an October ceremony.
- CCV hires Brodsky as human resources director | Community News | benningtonbanner.com Mary Brodsky has been hired as CCV’s first executive director of human resources, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- SeaComm hires branch manager in South Burlington | Business News | vtcng.com Former CCV student Joshua Thomas has been hired as the branch manager for SeaComm’s South Burlington location.
- The Riverside School Starts 2021-22 Year; Welcomes New Faculty Members | Education news | caledonianrecord.com Alumna Heather Linehan has been hired by the Riverside School as a preschool assistant.
- 3 Campuses Unite to Become Vermont State University (insidehighered.com) Three colleges in the Vermont State Colleges System, Castleton University, Northern Vermont University, and Vermont Technical College, are combining into one institution named Vermont State University in July 2023.