Here’s the latest roundup of news and announcements from the CCV community. Happy reading, and don’t forget to share your own Notables with us by emailing email@example.com!Read More
View our press highlights from May.
- Fairbanks Museum breaks ground on $5M addition (wcax.com) The Fairbanks Museum started a new annex project that will make the building more accessible. This addition will include an elevator, more exhibit space, and a new location for the CCV-St. Johnsbury academic center.
- Vermont Visual Arts | Vermont Arts | rutlandherald.com The StJ Art spring exhibit featured work from CCV-Newport students. The art was displayed in downtown storefronts and windows.
- Davenport: Road kill solution | Commentary | timesargus.com CCV-Montpelier student Jessica Davenport’s op-ed piece about solving the roadkill issue in Vermont was featured in the Times Argus.
- 100 Community College Students Awarded Prestigious National Transfer Scholarship to Attend Four-Year Institutions – Jack Kent Cooke Foundation (jkcf.org) CCV alumna Autumn Morse received the Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship and will receive up to $55,000 per year to complete her bachelor’s degree.
- Roundup of news from April 2022 | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) The McClure Foundation announced the McClure Free Degree Promise through the Early College program at CCV, offering students who complete the Early College program a free associate degree the year after they graduate from high school.
- Legislature commits to historic funding for state colleges | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) The state budget for the 2023 fiscal year includes $60.4 million designated for the Vermont State Colleges System.
- NBC5 In Depth: Free college degrees promised for some Vermont students (mynbc5.com) The McClure foundation promises a free associate degree to Vermont high school students graduating between 2023-2026 that complete the Early College program at CCV.
- VSC launches of new Workforce Development Division with Patricia Moulton as executive director | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) The VSCS created a new Workforce Development Division, which will strengthen the program alignment between CCV and Vermont State University.
- Vermont offers new early childhood educator funding for fall 2022 – VTDigger The Scholarship Program for Prospective Early Childhood Educators offers full tuition to students pursuing a degree and career in early childhood education or early childhood special education at CCV or other Vermont colleges and universities.
- UMFK hires new assistant professor of computer science – Fiddlehead Focus CCV alumni Dr. Kelly White was hired as an assistant professor of computer science at the University of Maine at Fort Kent.
- Community College of Vermont to hold commencement June 4 | Vermont Business Magazine (vermontbiz.com) CCV held its 2022 commencement ceremony in-person at Norwich University on Saturday, June 4.