The CCV TRIO Student Support Services Program is a federally funded program designed to help eligible students reach their academic potential and meet their educational and career goals. CCV TRIO is funded to serve only 225 students; as such, we have a selective application process that assesses student motivation, academic need and ability to benefit.
Admission to CCV’s TRIO program is not automatic; it is a privilege, as we are limited in the number of students we can serve. While CCV’s TRIO program is designed to help students succeed, it takes a commitment by the student to be truly effective.
Benefits of TRIO
As a CCV TRIO student, you are eligible to receive these and other benefits:
- Priority advising with a TRIO advisor who will serve as an academic mentor and transfer counselor
- Academic support and life coaching through a dedicated TRIO coach
- Participation in Annual Leadership Day and other leadership development opportunities
- Access to TRIO grants ($688 to $1000)
- Private tutoring when you need instruction beyond what Learning Center tutors can provide
- Financial literacy instruction to help you learn how to manage money wisely
- Workshops, college visits, transfer and career information
- Eligibility for CCV TRIO Study Abroad Scholarships (two $500) scholarships awarded annually
- Free access to CliftonStrengths for personal and career development
If accepted into the TRIO Program, you will be eligible for the various opportunities and services until you graduate or transfer from CCV. Being a student is hard work, as you already know, and this program is one more source of support for your effort to earn a college degree.
Are you eligible?
TRIO is currently available to students in the following CCV centers. Applications should be submitted to the TRIO Coordinator at your academic center.
- Montpelier – Jenny Gundy
- Morrisville – Billi Dunham
- Rutland – Ginger Gellman
- St. Albans – Gretchen DeHart
- Winooski – Ian Boyd, Sammie Boymer, Marianne DiMascio
If you are interested in exploring your eligibility for TRIO, read over the TRIO Participation Agreement (page 5 of the application) and complete the TRIO Application.