CCV courses can be accessed with most of today’s desktop or laptop computers – both PC and Mac.
- Windows Operating System XP, Vista , 7 or 8
- Linux OS
- Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox (most recommended browser for Moodle, the e-learning platform we utilize – latest version, for PC or Mac)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (latest version, for PC)
- Google Chrome (not fully compatible, but usable)
- Safari (latest version for Mac)
- A reliable internet connection 56k or higher. DSL or cable modem is highly recommended for faster access.
- A reliable e-mail account. We strongly discourage the use of Hotmail and AOL for participation in an online course because messages do not reach those users.
What about Software?
- Most courses will only require you to have an up-to-date browser. However a word processor will be very handy, if not invaluable.
- For some online accounting, business, computer, and graphic design courses you will need to have specific software, which will be noted in the course description.
- Some online courses also require a headset with microphone, which will be noted in the course description.