Students: We’re here to help! From internet access to financial assistance, we’ve got resources to help you through the semester.
Register to Vote!
- Register to Vote and Request Your Mail-in Ballot Today! – Visit the Vermont Secretary of State website: https://sos.vermont.gov/elections/voters/registration/. Click the “Register Online” and “Mail in Registration Form” links on the left. Questions or comments? Please write to Dave Amsden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flu Shots and Other Vaccines
- According to the CDC, vaccinations against the flu are even more important this year to help alleviate pressure on healthcare systems that are responding to COVID. Both the CDC and Vermont Department of Health have information about flu shots and other vaccines. Use the “vaccine finder” on the CDC page to learn where you can get a flu vaccine!
Working Bridges Resources Coordinators
- United Way Resource Coordinators are your first contacts for all resources and supports outside of CCV. They can connect you to support for childcare, healthcare, mental health, financial resources, transportation, and everything in between! Reach out to CCV’s Working Bridges Resource Advisors, Sarah Allerton (email@example.com/ 802-578-4265) and Kristin Kany (firstname.lastname@example.org/802-735-4438).
- Working Bridges Resources – April 2020
- Working Bridges Resources – May 2020
- Working Bridges Resources – June 2020
- Working Bridges Resources – July 2020
- Working Bridges Resources – August 2020
- Working Bridges Resources – September 2020
- Working Bridges Resources – October 2020
- Working Bridges Resources – November 2020
- Working Bridges Resources – December 2020
- Working Bridges Resources – January 2021
- Life Gap Program – We understand life can be unpredictable. Unexpected costs and needs can cause significant stress and impact your academic success and yours or your family’s personal well-being. CCV wants to help. The Life Gap program and Student Assistance Fund (SAF) can provide CCV students with money to assist with urgent, compelling, or unexpected needs. To discuss Life Gap or the Student Assistance Fund, please talk with the Financial Aid Counselor at your local academic center, or call 802-262-6557.
- Federal CARES Act Grant – The CARES Act is federal legislation which provides a variety of financial support to individuals and businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. One part of this legislation allocates money to CCV, and a portion of that allocation is dedicated to emergency grant awards for students who are experiencing financial expenses because of the disruption in campus operations due to the coronavirus.
- CARES Act Public Disclosure
- CCV’s United Way Working Bridges Coordinators – Coordinators are available to support students with transportation, housing, childcare, healthcare, and financial management. You can reach out to Sarah Allerton (email@example.com) or Kristin Kany (firstname.lastname@example.org) by phone, text, or email anytime!
- VSAC’s Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) – VSAC Outreach supports adult learners in accessing college and career training services. In partnership with CCV, EOC counselors can connect students with local community resources or provide support in helping them stay in school. Please call 877-961-4369 to set up a time to talk with an EOC counselor.
- FFCRA Employee Rights
- Free Legal Clinic
- Free Tax Preparation Resources
Food Assistance Resources
- List of Food Assistance Resources
- Vermont Foodbanks – Looking for help getting the food you need? Find your local food shelf or call the Vermont Foodbank at 1-800-585-2265.
- Vermont Foodbank – MRE Distribution
Domestic and Relationship Safety
- RESOLVE – VSCS Resource and Reporting Guide for incidents of harassment, discrimination, child abuse, stalking, domestic/dating violence, sexual assault, or other sexual misconduct.
- List of resources for those experiencing domestic or relationship violence.
- Remote Personalized Support – If you’re having issues setting up your class in Canvas or have questions about using Zoom, CCV is offering a “Zoom-in” clinic Tuesday, March 17th to Friday, April 3rd this week from 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm to help. Simply click the link to be connected to a real person for help!
- Canvas Guides
- Canvas Help & Canvas Chat – Click the Help link found on the menu located on the left-side of each CCV Canvas class-site.
- CCV Canvas for Students – A self-paced video tutorial. Approximately 35 minutes.
- Passport for Students – A self-placed tour and tutorial through Canvas.
- CCV Coordinators of Student Advising – Contact your advisor with questions.
Technology and Internet Access
- Internet Access: Comcast – Comcast Increases Internet Access and Speeds to Support Low-Income Americans
- Low-Cost Computer – Comcast has a computer available for purchase for as low at $149.99. The computer will arrive in 9-10 days.
- Updated Technology Requirements – Learn what type of browsers and operating systems are most compatible with Canvas.
- Free Public WiFi Hotspots in Vermont – The Vermont Department of Public Service has prepared a map of public buildings in Vermont where WiFi with access to the internet is publicly available. These sites are accessible at all hours from a parked vehicle on the road or parking lot. As a safety precaution, we discourage users from entering the premises or congregating outside. These sites should be accessed from within a parked vehicle.
Learning Support and Services
- Accessibility Services for Students with Disabilities – Students with disability accommodations and other considerations may find that the shift to online coursework results in the need for new or different accommodations. Please contact your advisor immediately should you discover any unexpected barriers or access issues. Advisors will respond as promptly as possible to support you through this transition and to address any concerns you may have regarding access to your education.
- Learning Support – 24/7 On-demand tutoring is available to all students. You have access to 24/7 on-demand, online tutoring in all courses. You can access these services by clicking on Tutor.com in your Canvas course site.
Tips for Successful Online Learning
- CCV Center for Online Learning – Information for new online students, FAQs, and online learning help.
- Discussions in Your Online CCV Courses – Learn strategies online students use for the most productive discussion forums.
- Online Civility – Familiarize yourself with online etiquette and behavior expectations.