CCV and the Vermont Department of Libraries are teaming up again to help you find a new job through our Job Hunt Helpers program! Job Hunt Helpers are CCV students who have been trained by CCV’s career consultants in the most effective methods to look for work in the digital age.
Job Hunt Helpers can help you:
- Find employment opportunities in your area
- Write a resume and cover letter
- Apply for jobs online
- Assess your skills and interests
- Use the internet to explore career options
- Learn about education and training programs
Aldrich Public Library
6 Washington St., Barre
Job Hunt Helper: Jess MacAskill
Hours: Monday 2 – 5 pm, Tuesday 12:30 – 3:30 pm, Thursday 1 pm – 4 pm.
Fletcher Free Library
235 College St., Burlington
Job Hunt Helper: Alicia Van Dyk
Please call for an appointment
Goodrich Memorial Library
202 Main St., Newport
Job Hunt Helper: Betsy Trucott
Hours: Monday 2 – 5 pm, Thursday 10 am – 1 pm, Saturday 12 – 3 pm.
135 Main St., Montpelier
Job Hunt Helper: Angie Coon
Hours: Thursday 11 am – 3 pm, Friday 11 am – 3 pm.
Rutland Free Library
10 Court St., Rutland
Job Hunt Helper: Mariah Vilbrin
Hours: Tuesday 3 – 6 pm, Thursday 2:30 – 5:30 pm, Saturday 12 – 3 pm.
Full library address information and library hours:
If you don’t have time to meet with a Job Hunt Helper, you should try Learning Express–Library. Learning Express-Library is a free online resource available at selected Vermont town libraries. It features a rich array of career and educational information including:
- Career information for allied health, social work, teaching, and many other fields—including career opportunities specifically for veterans;
- Practice exams for many occupations, including electrical, plumbing, teaching, nursing, military careers, and CDL (Commercial Driver’s License); and
- Help with building job search, interviewing, and networking skills;
Learning Express-Library is available at town libraries in Bennington, Burlington, Middlebury, Montpelier, St. Albans, and Stowe. CCV Job Hunt Helpers at the town libraries in Barre, Brattleboro, Newport, Rutland, St. Johnsbury, and Winooski are happy to assist with using Learning Express-Library and many other career resources.
Job Hunt Helpers are provided through a partnership of Community College of Vermont and the Vermont Department of Libraries, with generous funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, a federal agency, through the Library Services and Technology Act, as administered by the Vermont Department of Libraries.