Help With Household Projects
Whether you rent or own, the summer months in Vermont are the best time to get household completed. Perhaps you seek ways to improve the energy efficiency of your apartment or you know your house needs a new roof; there may be resources that can help you with your household building repair, renovation, and general projects. Trying to figure out your plan to get that new water heater installed? Sign up for an appointment with your Resource Coordinator, who can connect you with resources to help.
Weatherization and Energy Efficiency Projects
- Champlain Valley Weatherization Service – Provides energy conservation services to income eligible households in Addison, Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle counties.
- Efficiency Vermont – Gives consumers information about energy efficient actions, and products coupons and mail in rebates for lighting and appliances.
- Champlain Housing Trust – Housing Loan Fund – Financing opportunity for income eligible Chittenden and Franklin county households (Burlington residents not eligible) for necessary home repairs such as roofs, furnaces, septic systems, and water wells, plumbing and electrical systems, physical accessibility modifications, foundations, and other basic repairs.
- Burlington Community and Economic Development Office (CEDO) – Range of assistance from home rehabilitation loans, emergency repair loans, access modification grants, and exterior paint grant assistance. City of Burlington residents ONLY.
- USDA Home Rehabilitation Loan/Grant Program – Offers low interest loans to homeowners whose dwelling needs repair to bring the home into safe and sanitary conditions. May provide grants in very specific situations.
General Home Repairs
- Rebuilding Together – A program that provides homeowners in Chittenden County with FREE general and/or minor home repair, with a focus on helping people with disabilities and working families who could not otherwise afford the repairs. Work occurs in the spring and fall.