At the Community College of Vermont we are proud to have such an excellent faculty. Each year, at our annual faculty conference, we honor several faculty members for the excellence they exhibit in their work. Nominations come from students, staff, and faculty colleagues. If you would like to nominate someone, you can do so now by completing the electronic nomination form.
As you complete your nomination, you will be asked to describe your rationale. In so doing, please consider the following:
- What makes this particular instructor unique among his or her peers? Does s/he have particular skills in the virtual or on-ground classroom that make the experience of learning fresh and relevant?
- How does this particular instructor help students to be successful? What does s/he do to help students achieve more than they may have thought themselves possible of doing?
- How has this faculty member made a difference in your life and/or the lives of others?
Please also provide examples that will convey why this instructor is so special, such as:
- Uses service learning to engage students and deepen learning
- Is dedicated to student success and teaching excellence
- Demonstrates a clear passion and effective style
- Uses life experiences to make learning relevant and clear
- Brings a fresh approach to his/her work with students
- Provides opportunities for students to build leadership skills
Thank you for taking the time to participate in this important process. Nominations will be accepted from now through April 1, 2014.