The Community College of Vermont has worked with several businesses around the state to bring workshops, courses, programs, and trainings to their aspiring and incumbent workforce.
Example programs include:
- Combining the Governor’s Career Ready Certificate with apprenticeship programs to deepen the pool of skilled employees
- Designing leadership programs to help new and seasoned managers enhance their supervisory skills.
- Using assessment tools to understand skill gaps.
- Increasing the reach of trainings by moving existing programs into online formats.
CCV’s workforce education offerings cross several industry sectors, including manufacturing, healthcare, education, hospitality, childcare, and retail. Our business partnerships have included:
- Ellison Surface Technologies
- Visiting Nurse Association
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- Vermont Country Store
- Central Vermont Medical Center
- Rutland Regional Medical Center
- Cabot Cheese
- Plasan North America
- Plasan Carbon Composites
- Vermont Composites
- North Country Healthcare Services
- Burlington International Airport
- Copley Hospital
- Williamstown High School
For more information about workforce education at CCV, contact Business & Community Outreach
Manager, Michael Keogh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-786-5188.