If you are having trouble accessing or participating in your online classes due to technical problems, please submit a helpdesk request. Technical support is available Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm by calling 802-828-2810 or via email. Please contact your Advisor with any academic questions.
The Moodle Medic is available to students via CCV’s Portal,and provides live, online help with Moodle for faculty and students.
For Personal Academic Support
The Online Learning Workshop (OLW) is an orientation that will teach you:
- how online classes work and what to expect when taking an online class
- how to use the tools in the portal you’ll need to participate in an online class
- time management techniques to help you succeed
View a schedule of upcoming workshops.
All students should take the following steps to become familiar with online learning:
- Watch an introductory video about the way our classes work.
- Test Drive an Online course!
- Review CCV’s Portal Guide to begin exploring the resources on CCV’s Portal.
- Go through the Moodle Basics for Students document to become familiar with Moodle, the learning management system that hosts CCV’s online courses.
Center-Based Academic Support
For general academic support start by exploring our Academic Support pages.
Learning Centers at CCV Locations college-wide provide personalized assistance and support for academic work in a variety of subjects. The learning centers focus on promoting student learning, with individualized assistance from peer and faculty tutors. Contact your local CCV academic center for hours and schedules.
Online-Based Academic Support
You can get free, online academic support through eTutoring, which provides help with writing for all of your courses. Other subjects covered include math (including calculus and statistics), accounting, biology, chemistry, anatomy & physiology, and research methods and information literacy.