Fall 2014 Study Abroad: Ireland through Words, Images & Music (HUM-2150-VM01)
Dates of travel: January 5 – 14, 2015
Explore the history, literature and music of the Emerald Isle. The class & trip will feature something to pique the interest of anyone wanting to learn more about Ireland. Topics covered and places visited will include traditional and contemporary music, the verdant landscape, Celtic mythology, Irish literary icons, historic landmarks and rural and urban Irish life.
- Explore King John’s Castle, built between 1200 and 1210 and located in the heart of Limerick City, it overlooks the majestic Shannon River.
- Enjoy an excursion to the Cliffs of Moher. Standing 702 feet at their highest point and stretching 5 miles along the west coast of Ireland.
- Explore Connemara, the real emerald of Ireland.
- Meander through the streets of Dublin enjoying the sights and sounds.
- Tour Glendalough, the valley of the two lakes and enjoy its spectacular scenery.
Instructor: Peter Keating
Locations: CCV Montpelier and Online