Spring 2015 Study Abroad: Global Social Problems – Prague, Czech Republic & Bratislava, Slovakia (SOC-2010-VM02 )
Dates of Travel: May 12 – 22, 2015
Discover the physical beauty and rich culture of one of Europe’s unique regions. From the warmth of a traditional Slovak village, to the cobbled streets of Prague’s stunning Old Town, the countries of Slovakia and Czech Republic truly are the heart of Europe. You will explore the past through visits to castles, cathedrals, UNESCO World Heritage sites and relics of Communism and the present will be highlighted through visits to local non-profits and businesses. This is a great opportunity for you to immerse yourself in Bratislava and Prague; the most dynamic cities in Central Europe!
- Fly into Vienna, Austria and enjoy a tour of Vienna’s Innere Stadt.
- Tour Bratislava including the historic Old Town, cathedral and Bratislava castle.
- Tour West Slovakia including Čičmany, Trenčín castle, Čachtice castle and Bradlo monument.
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site Kutna Hora.
- Tour Prague including the Old Town center, Jewish Quarter, Charles Bridge, Mala Strana and the Lennon Wall.
- Visit the Museum of Communism and Radio Free Europe.
- Half day Service Learning project in Prague.
Instructor: Michael Guyer
Location: CCV Montpelier and Online
Dates of Travel: August 2015 – Days TBD
Instructor: Jennifer Guarino