Fall 2014 Study Abroad: Ireland through Words, Images & Music (HUM-2150-VM01)
Dates of travel: January 5 – 14, 2015
Explore the history, literature and music of the Emerald Isle. The class & trip will feature something to pique the interest of anyone wanting to learn more about Ireland. Topics covered and places visited will include traditional and contemporary music, the verdant landscape, Celtic mythology, Irish literary icons, historic landmarks and rural and urban Irish life.
- Explore King John’s Castle, built between 1200 and 1210 and located in the heart of Limerick City, it overlooks the majestic Shannon River.
- Enjoy an excursion to the Cliffs of Moher. Standing 702 feet at their highest point and stretching 5 miles along the west coast of Ireland.
- Explore Connemara, the real emerald of Ireland.
- Meander through the streets of Dublin enjoying the sights and sounds.
- Tour Glendalough, the valley of the two lakes and enjoy its spectacular scenery.
Instructor: Peter Keating
Locations: CCV Montpelier and Online
Spring 2015 Study Abroad: Global Social Problems – Prague, Czech Republic & Bratislava, Slovakia (SOC-2010-VM01)
Dates of Travel: May 12 – 22, 2015
Discover the physical beauty and rich culture of one of Europe’s unique regions. From the warmth of a traditional Slovak village, to the cobbled streets of Prague’s stunning Old Town, the countries of Slovakia and Czech Republic truly are the heart of Europe. You will explore the past through visits to castles, cathedrals, UNESCO World Heritage sites and relics of Communism and the present will be highlighted through visits to local non-profits and businesses. This is a great opportunity for you to immerse yourself in Bratislava and Prague; the most dynamic cities in Central Europe!
- Fly into Vienna, Austria and enjoy a tour of Vienna’s Innere Stadt.
- Tour Bratislava including the historic Old Town, cathedral and Bratislava castle.
- Tour West Slovakia including Čičmany, Trenčín castle, Čachtice castle and Bradlo monument.
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site Kutna Hora.
- Tour Prague including the Old Town center, Jewish Quarter, Charles Bridge, Mala Strana and the Lennon Wall.
- Visit the Museum of Communism and Radio Free Europe.
- Half day Service Learning project in Prague.
Instructor: Michael Guyer
Location: CCV Montpelier and Online
**Check back periodically for application materials**