CCV Study Abroad courses allow students to use the world as their classroom. There are multiple benefits associated with study abroad programs. Not only will you have the chance to develop a fuller and more diverse perspective on your studies and the world, but as many participants in these programs often do, you may experience a lasting impact on your ability to solve problems, communicate effectively, empathize with others, and develop self-confidence.
Benefits of Study Abroad
Study Abroad: So much more than you think
- Study abroad is about so much more than having the opportunity to travel. These experiential learning opportunities offer students academic, professional and personal benefits.
- Study abroad allows students to learn and apply course concepts and to experience deeper learning in a global classroom.
- Study abroad enhances coursework through cultural immersion.
- Employers find candidates that have world experience more marketable and more diverse than those that do not. Study abroad can provide relatable examples to list on a resume and discuss during a job interview. Students can speak to:
- their ability to adapt to new situations
- intercultural competency
- conflict resolution skills with heightened group dynamics
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A 2006 survey of a large group of diverse employers found that, of this group, 76% thought colleges should place more emphasis on intercultural competence.
- A 2007 survey of human resource executives found that 73% stressed the importance of study abroad when evaluating entry-level candidates and, among survey respondents, the attributes most valued in new employees were “cultural awareness / sensitivity /tolerance” and an “international perspective.”
- Study abroad and study away learning experiences provide you with opportunities to forge new friendships, expand your worldviews, and gain a new perspective on your own country.
Quick Facts about CCV’s study abroad:
- 1 study abroad or study away course offered each fall and spring semester.
- Class size limit of 18
- Led by 1 instructor and 1 CCV staff member
- 8-10 day study trip
- Course fees can be covered through financial aid or CCV’s payment plan.
Join us on our next journey!