Developing resume materials or participating in an interview helps you to shape your experiences and skills for communication with different audiences. Your cover letter and resume don’t just summarize your previous experience; they highlight your relevant professional and communication skills as well as convey your genuine interest in the organization. The interview will give you the opportunity to display your professionalism and provide further evidence of your skills that match the position.
Develop Your Resume
Prepare Your Cover Letter
- Cover Letter Outline (PDF)
- Cover Letter Checklist (PDF)
- Sample Cover Letter 1 (PDF)
- Sample Cover Letter 2 (PDF)
- Sample Cover Letter 3 (PDF)
Practice Your Interviewing Skills
- Interview Checklist (PDF)
- Sample Interview Questions (PDF)
- Review sample interviews on Sue Morem’s Professional Edge web site.
- Practice and receive feedback on your interviewing skills (you will need to be logged into the portal to access this service).
Gather references from people who have supervised your work (either in school or in a work-place setting) and ask for their permission to use them as a reference.
CCV Course Connections
Courses that can help you develop your professional image:
- Effective Speaking
- Effective Workplace Communication
- Interpersonal and Small Group Communication
- Business and Professional Writing
- Community and Work Experience
- Career Readiness Certificate
- Assessment of Prior Learning