CCV’s career consultants are available to provide students and alumni a range of personalized career services. From exploring careers to embarking on a job search to help sending a thank you note following a job interview, our consultants can assist you and make sure you’re getting the task done correctly.
Work with a career consultant to:
- explore a variety of careers,
- identify a job that matches your interests and skills,
- understand how a CCV degree prepares you to get a job in your chosen career,
- build dynamic, professional resumes,
- develop compelling cover letters,
- understand and develop professionalism,
- practice interviewing,
- gain professional confidence,
- arrange job shadow and informational interview opportunities,
- find internships, and
- learn to manage a successful job search
Meet Our Career Consultants
Julia Skonicki began her work at CCV as a student, and it was through her Seminar of Educational Inquiry class that she found her passion for work in education. After completing her Master’s Degree in Montessori Education, Julia taught in public and private schools in Chicago, reaching students ages 2-18. She designed and directed various educational and arts-based programs in Chicago, developing a Summer Urban Garden Program and eventually returning to Vermont as Co-Founder and Director of Mansfield Cooperative School. Julia is an instructor at CCV, teaching a variety of classes in Education, Dimensions, and English Composition. She is particularly interested in Student Success and Retention, and values goal-setting and access to resources as two important factors that drive student persistence.