Spend your summer doing what you want, not worrying about how to pay your tuition. The sooner you fill out your FAFSA, the sooner you know how much help you’ll get paying for college. The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is a form the federal government uses to award more than $26 billion in federal grants and $100 billion in student loans for higher education, and every student should fill one out each school year. The 2018-2019 form is available now, and can be completed online. If you have questions or would like help filling out the FAFSA, visit the financial aid counselor at your local CCV center. Here are a few things you should know:
- CCV’s school code is 011167. You’ll need to enter this code to be sure a copy of your FAFSA is sent to us.
- You should create or retrieve a FSA ID. This allows you to sign the FAFSA electronically.
- Students and parents of dependent students will need to provide 2016 tax information. If you don’t file taxes, you’ll need to provide information about any income or benefits received in 2016. Unsure if you’re dependent or independent? Check this out.
- If you filed taxes for 2016, we highly encourage you to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA. This allows you to download your income information directly from the IRS, which can save lots of time!
- Visit the FAFSA website to learn more.
- You can also find more information, including a list of steps, at http://ccv.edu/pay/financial-aid/.