February Resource of the Month

February is a good time to think ahead to tax season and summer camp, because planning for both starts now! Contact your Resource Coordinator to learn more about free and easy ways to e-file your federal and state returns. You may be eligible for free tax preparation!
VITA
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance at most Community Action agencies (for tax households $54,000 or less in 2017). Dial 2-1-1 for an appointment.
AARP Tax Aide
Free tax assistance for low and moderate income Vermonters; hosted at libraries and community centers statewide
MyFreeTaxes
Free self-file program for tax households $66,000 or less in 2017

Got School-Age Kids? Plan for Summer Camp

Summer months feel far away but camperships and financial aid for children’s summer camps become available early. Here are  strategies to help you get started:

• Contact parks & recreation departments now about sliding scales or financial aid
  • Ask about early registration discounts. For older kids, inquire about camp counselor positions. Visit Kids VT to get details about the variety of camps, schools, and summer opportunities for kids

Your Resource Coordinator

Contact CCV’s Working Bridges Resource Coordinator, Connie Beal. Connie is available to CCV faculty, staff, and students. She is at CCV Winooski on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to1 p.m. in Room 211D inside the Learning Center. She’s also available by phone or email if you’re not in the Burlington area: 802-881-4218/connie@unitedwaynwvt.org
Free and confidential.

Vermont Map

CCV – Vermont Is Our Campus

No matter where you live in Vermont, a CCV Academic Center is close to you!

• “I completed my medical assisting certificate at CCV, planning to transfer into VTC’s nursing program. But I found that medical assisting work is a dead right fit for me. I am continuing for my associate in this program.”

Francoise Kahindo Medical Assisting Student
    CCV-Winooski