April Resources of the Month

Looking for help caring for a loved one?

If you care for a family member with disabilities, you know it can be difficult to find help that is effective, affordable, and desirable. If you are a caregiver for a loved one, perhaps a child or adult with disabilities or special health needs, meet with your Resource Coordinator to find community connections that are right for you and your family. You can find answers to questions like:

• How can I help my parents stay in their home and get the care they need?
  • I just found out my child has a disability. How do I make sure she has the supports and services she needs?
  • The school called and wants to meet with me about an “IEP.” What’s an IEP?
  • My brother’s multiple sclerosis is progressing. How can we pay for home-based services to help him with daily tasks and activities?
  • Is there any support for caregivers like me?

Stop by and meet with your resource coordinator, who will help you navigate community resources such as:

These resources are prepared by Connie Beal, CCV’s Working Bridges Resource Coordinator from the United Way of Chittenden County. Contact Connie at 802-881-4218 or connie@unitedwaycc.org

Vermont Map

CCV – Vermont Is Our Campus

No matter where you live in Vermont, a CCV Academic Center is close to you!

• "At CCV you get the advantage of having practitioners teaching your course. I can't overestimate the importance of that."

Tom Hanley Criminal Justice Faculty Member
    Middlebury Police Chief
    CCV-Middlebury